Chapter 14

To say the least, I was pretty mad at Hermione. Why'd she have to go and tattle to McGonagall? Harry reckoned she was just worried about us, and he had a point. I couldn't be too mad at her when I knew she had good intentions, and was just looking out for Harry and I.

I thought Ron might've been angrier than Harry or I. Hermione was now avoiding the common room at all costs, which I felt bad about. I was pretty mad at first, and sort of blew up on her, so now she was avoiding me too.

Everyone had returned from the holidays, and I liked that the castle was once again full of people. The moment that Wood saw me, he ran up to me, saying how Harry had told him Lupin was teaching us how to deal with dementors and how he thought it was a great idea. He basically talked without letting me get a word in for five minutes straight, especially about my new firebolt, and then just walked away. What a nutter that boy was.

So, yes, you could say it was back to normal around the castle, except for the fact that a lot was going on with my friends. Hermione was avoiding Harry and I, as was Ava, and Olivia was always smiling apologetically at me, but I understood that she had to stick with her cousin. Plus, multiple times, Ron had snapped at Hermione, and her eyes would fill with tears.

I decided to man up and stop being so sad all the time. I had my mental breakdown, and now it was time to put on my big girl pants and face the world. I missed Fred more than words could describe, and more than once I had to remind myself it was for his own good. I tried to push the whole Sirius Black thing out of my head for the time being.

Luckily, Trelawney only predicted Harry and I's death four times this week. That was way less than usual.

After a long week, it was finally time for Harry and I's first lesson with Lupin. We made our way down to his classroom, discussing what Lupin was possibly going to teach us, when Harry suddenly changed the subject.

"How have you been?" Harry said abruptly.

"What do you mean? You're with me every second of the day-"

"You've been blocking me out lately," Harry said, stopping. "Hermione told me, well, before everything happened, how sad you've been. About Fred."

I groaned.

"Can we please not talk about this?" I begged, trying to resume our walk.

"I know that you ended it, but I swear I'll hurt him if he hurt you-" Harry threatened.

"He didn't do anything, Harry," I snapped, stopping dead in my tracks again. Tears swam in my eyes, threatening to flood over, so I took a deep breath, regaining myself. "Listen, I know you're just protective and that you're only saying that because you care, but you need to back off a little bit."

I continued walking, a little faster than last time. Why did he think he could get all in my business?

"Oh yeah?" Harry said angrily. "I'm just expected to sit back while you're moping around all the time-"

"Moping around?" I seethed, my temper starting to get the best of me. "What do you expect me to do, be all smiles after I found out our parents best friend betrayed them and is trying to kill us, and after I ended things with Fred, and how things have been with Ava? Huh?"

"You think it's been easy for me?" Harry shouted, catching up with me. "You think any of that is easy for me to deal with?-"

"I never said it was, you prat!" I scowled, knocking on Lupin's door. "Honestly, just butt out, Harry, okay?"

The split second of silence before Lupin opened the door was filled with horrible guilt on my part. I just snapped after he brought up Fred, but I knew that Harry had only done it out of love for me... Siblings had to fight every now and then, right?