Chapter 7

A couple of weeks had passed since I had heard the voice, and in that short period of time, things were normal for once. The weather had been rainy for weeks on end. Nothing bad had happened. Life was good.

The only thing was, Oliver kept making us practice through the terrible rain and storms. I swear, I was going to slip off my broom and fall to my death one day because of it.

"Angelina!" I yelled, passing her the Quaffle. She passed it to Katie, and we kept going in a triangle. I had to squint in order to see through the rain.

Next, we practiced dives. Normally, they would be easy for me, but I wasn't sure in this weather. Harry was always better at dives than I was. If I die, tell Petunia and Vernon that I always hated them.

It was my turn, and I went into a dive. The problem was, I felt sort of dizzy. I slipped and fell off of my broom. I fell and hit my head, but automatically sat back up. Some stupid fall wasn't going to stop me. I had to try again.

"Are you okay?" Oliver asked, flying down next to me. The rest of the team flew down, and Harry looked overly worried.

I jumped up.

"I'm fine guys, just a little dizzy. Move your butt," I said, pushing through everyone to get my broom. We resumed practice, but I didn't feel good. I was lightheaded, I had to hunch over on my broom because my stomach killed, and I felt like I could just use a good nap.

I caught the Quaffle, and was about to shoot it at the goalpost, when I coughed and dropped it. Next thing you know, I puked. Yep, in the air. Fun.

I couldn't fly back down because I was so dizzy, so Harry took me down and to the Hospital Wing. I hated that place so much.

"What happened this time?" Madam Pomfrey scowled, helping me walk over to a bed. If I wasn't so bloody dizzy, she wouldn't have to.

"She threw up on the field," Harry said. Why did I do that? I was so stupid. Okay, maybe not, because ya know, my stomach was gonna do what it was gonna do.

"Well, the flu has been spreading around," she mumbled, grabbing some medicine and shoving it in my mouth.

"Ew! This tastes like cotton candy mixed with drugs," I gagged. Harry rolled his eyes, snickering.

"You must leave her alone, she needs some rest. She looks like she barely ever sleeps," Madam Pomfrey commented, and shooed out Harry, shutting the door behind him.

"There's nothing to do here," I whined, looking around. I saw other people sleeping. Maybe I should've done that too. Nah.

"You're supposed to be resting. I should check out your brain while I'm at it..." Pomfrey mumbled, walking away.

I made weird face at her when she turned her back.

**********

The next few days went by so slow, with occasional visits from my friends and my brother. Turns out, I had the flu really bad. I could barely keep anything down.

The good thing was that I didn't have to do work. The bad thing was that I was bored out of my mind. I couldn't even go to the bloody Halloween feast!

Not that my friends were even going, they were going to a death day party. Fun. Not.

"Why can't you just let me go to the feast?" I complained. I didn't even want to eat anything, considering that my stomach hurt. I just wanted to do something.

"Because I can't have you spreading the flu to the others," Madam Pomfrey said, clearly annoyed. I honestly said that just to annoy her.

Later that day, she let me have one piece of candy for Halloween, though. It was night by then.

The lights had been turned off, and my conversation with a Hufflepuff third year, who also had the flu, was cut off. I couldn't sleep though.

The truth is, I didn't want to have nightmares. That's why I hadn't been sleeping. The same nightmare with the Imperius Curse and Malfoy and Voldemort kept coming back.

I was almost asleep, when I jumped up, hearing a hissing noise.

"Rip...kill...come to me, let me kill you."

I paused, pinching myself. It was the same voice I had heard with Harry after detention.

So, I did the rational thing. I jumped out of bed, and followed the voice carefully, a bit hunched over from my stomach ache still.

"So hungry for so long...I want blood, murder, kill."

I feel chills creep down my spine. I turned down a corridor, following the voice. I was determined to find it. I started running, and then suddenly slipped in something. Somebody caught me, dragging me backwards.

"Lily?" Hermione's voice said. Sure enough, Harry, Ron, and Hermione were standing there, but Harry and Ron looked horrified.

"What's wrong with- oh my god!" I said, grabbing Hermione's arm and pulling her back with me.

There was Miss Norris, hanging from the wall, dripping with blood. I suddenly felt sicker than ever. On the wall, a message was written.

THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED. ENEMIES OF THE HEIR BEWARE.