Chapter 14

"Ava!" I shouted dramatically, dropping all of my things.

"Lily!" Ava yelled, dropping her trunk.

We ran in pretend slow motion to each other, and then I tackled her in a hug.

"I missed you so much, I missed my best friend on Christmas," I said. "How was it at the Malfoy's?"

"It was horrible. Uncle Lucius is so mean to Olivia and I, and Aunt Narcissa is only nice when he isn't around. Plus, we had no Draco to terrorize," Ava scowled.

Harry, who decided to come with me "because it's not safe to go by myself" was standing behind us, awkwardly watching our dramatic moment.

"Oh, hi Harry," Ava said, giving him a hug. I wiggled my eyebrows at her, just like she did to me whenever I was with Fred. She rolled her eyes, picking up her trunk.

"I'll get that for you," Harry said, taking it from her.

"Is that my best friend and my brother flirting?" I purposely said loudly, smirking.

Ava turned bright red, and Harry told me to shut up.

Olivia entered Hogwarts a minute later.

"Olivia!" I waved. She saw me, and walked over, smiling.

"Hi Lily, how was Christmas?" Olivia said, hugging me.

"It was okay. We have to fill you in on a bunch of stuff," I told her, letting go.

Harry, Ava, Olivia and I began heading towards the Common Room. Olivia and I were making up a story as we went about Ava and Harry, who had split off from us and were talking about god knows what.

"-and then Harry said, why Ava, what's in this trunk that I'm carrying with my big muscles that is just so heavy, my love?" Olivia said in her generic guy voice. I snorted.

"Oh Harry, please don't open it!" I said in a high pitched voice.

"Why do you have 20 posters of me in here?" Olivia said. Harry turned around just to glare at us. We broke out in a fit of laughter.

Once we got to the common room, we told them all about the polyjuice potion, and how it wasn't Malfoy attacking the Muggleborns.

"Where is Hermione anyways?" Ava asked. Harry explained the story to her, about how Hermione had been in the hospital wing, and wouldn't be getting out for a while.

Several weeks later, Hermione was still there. No more attacks had happened in that period of time, which was good. I missed her a lot, and I was just waiting for her to be back.

Harry and I were walking back from dinner, when we saw a puddle of water coming from Myrtle's bathroom. Making sure nobody was looking, we slipped into the bathroom.

"She's crying," Harry whispered.

"No dip Sherlock," I hissed.

"Myrtle? Are you okay?" Harry said, trying to sound concerned.

"No, I'm not! Somebody decided it was a good idea to throw a book in my toilet, and it hit me right in the nose. What do they think, I have no feelings?" Myrtle wailed.

"Well, I feel sorry for you, but it couldn't of possibly hurt..." I said the wrong thing. Myrtle began crying even harder and flew out of the bathroom sobbing.

Harry went into the stall, and picked up the book.

"It's not just a book, it's a diary," he said, flipping it open. For some reason, it looked oddly familiar to me, but I just didn't know why.