Chapter 7

Guess where I was? Well, here's a hint. It was just absolutely my favorite place in the world. Not.

The Hospital Wing! Yay! So exciting.

At least I didn't have it nearly as bad as I had before. I didn't even remember all of my injuries, to be completely honest, because there were way too many to count. This time, I only had a broken shoulder, and I was about to be cleared. Everyone had visited right after it happened, but Madam Pomfrey made them get out. Harry was being way too dramatic, and so were Fred and Hermione, but oh well. It was over now, and I had only been in the hospital wing for a few hours.

"Can I please leave now? This place drives me crazy," I begged Madam Pomfrey, earning an eye roll from her. Reluctantly, she nodded.

"Yes, yes you can, broken bones aren't very severe. Just make sure you return tomorrow for the last dose of your potion."

"Thanks, love you!" I said, running up to a very uncomfortable Madam Pomfrey and hugging her. What I said wasn't all that sincere, but it was ok. "Make sure you save my bed for next time I break a bone!"

With that, I ran out of the hospital wing before she could change her mind. It was late, around ten o'clock, which was why I was surprised that she didn't make me stay the night in there. I wasn't complaining, though.

As I made my way through the corridors, the fact that it was so late, dark, and nobody else was with me started creeping me out a bit. It made me remember when Malfoy was under the Imperius Curse and kidnapped me, which just so happened to be at night in the dark, and I started running.

Ah, good times.

I turned down a corridor, still running. It wasn't that I was scared, I was just trying to avoid a bad situation. If someone wanted to try me, they could. When the thing with Malfoy happened, I was just a little first year, but I was a big girl now. I promise I won't ever say that again, but still.

Finally, I took the last turn that I needed to get to the Gryffindor Tower, but as soon as I turned that corridor, I collided with someone, and fell backwards.

"Ow!" I hissed. "Whoever you are, you better be someone I can actually stand, because I just fell on my butt for you, and-"

"Lily!"

"Ava? What are you doing here?" I whispered.

"I am going to sound mad, but I think I just saw my dad outside of our dormitory window," she frantically whispered. My stomach felt like it had done a somersault. It was official. We were all going to die.

"What?" I hissed, and my jaw dropped. "L-like, Sirius Black, your dad?"

"No, Cyrus Black, my long lost cousin. Yes, Sirius Black!" Ava scowled. I could just imagine her rolling her eyes. "Listen, Lily. I have to tell you something, but you have to promise not to tell ANYONE. Not Harry, or Olivia even."

Everything was happening so fast that I didn't even know what to do.

"Of course I promise, you're my best friend, and now you've got me interested. What is it?" I quietly asked.

I could faintly make out Ava looking around before telling me. If she wasn't going to tell even Harry, it must've been pretty crazy. It was already crazy that she thought she saw Sirius Black outside of her window, but the thought of him wanting to harm his own daughter made no sense. Why was he even here?

"Well... you know how my dog's name is Padfoot?" Ava whispered.

I nodded, scoffing. "How could I not? He always barks in the middle of the night and I have to tell him to shut up."