Chapter 28

When Ava and I walked through the common room portrait hole, the first thing I heard was Harry yelling.

"We found him!"

Ava and I shared a curious glance.

"You found who?" Ava asked.

"Nicholas Flammel, of course!" Ron shoved a chocolate frog card in my face.

I scowled, swiping it out of his hand and holding it so Ava could read it too. There was a picture of Dumbledore, like tons of other chocolate frog cards I had given to Harry, but I had never actually read the writing underneath the photo.

Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the 12 uses of dragons blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicholas Flamel.

"Hermione's gone to get something from upstairs. Most likely a book, I'm assuming," Olivia said.

She was right. A few moments later, Hermione came dashing down the stairs, holding a big old book.

"I never thought to look in here! I got this in the library a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading!" Hermione whispered, excitedly flipping through the pages.

"Light?" Ron gaped.

By now, we were all standing around Hermione.

"Be quiet, Ronald!" Hermione hissed, continuing to flip through the book.

"Right there!" I pointed out, turning a page back. There it was.

"I knew it! I knew it!" Hermione looked up from the book.

"Are we allowed to talk now?" Ron grumbled.

"Nicholas Flamel," Hermione started, "is the only known maker of the Sorcerers Stone!"

"The what?" Ron and Harry chorused.

"Oh my gosh," Olivia mumbled.

Hermione pointed out a small paragraph about the stone.

"The dog must be guarding the stone!" Hermione exclaimed.

Everybody nodded in agreement.

"I bet Flamel asked Dumbledore to keep it for him, they're friends, after all! That's why it's in Hogwarts! It all makes sense now!" Hermione gasped.

"No wonder Snape wants it! It can make anything turn to gold, and it gives you life forever!" Ron used his knowledge from the paragraph Hermione had showed him.

**********

I sat next to Olivia in Defense Against the Dark Arts, not really listening to Professor Quirrell. Instead, I drew his turban, and modified it to look like strange things.

Like a taco, for example. Maybe I was a bit hungry.

Too bad Hogwarts didn't serve tacos. Maybe they could make some in the kitchens?

I jumped when I felt something hit my back, snapping out of it. I turned around to see what it was, and found a piece of crumpled up parchment on the floor, and Harry staring at me intently.

"What is it you need that is SO important that you must throw paper balls at the back of me?" I hissed at my twin.

"The Quidditch match!"

It took a second for it to click in my brain that he was talking about Snape refereeing our next match.