Chapter 16

Summer was fully taking over Hogwarts. The sun shone down on the castle, but it wasn't the same without going for visits with Hagrid, and everyone was absolutely terrified now that Dumbledore was gone.

Once I heard Quidditch had been postponed, I really was in a bad mood. It was all I had left to do after all the new rules were in place, and now it was gone.

Professor McGonagall took Dumbledore's position as headmaster, which I was at least slightly happy about. Not that I was happy that Dumbledore was gone, but it was much better her than someone else.

What I wasn't happy about at that exact moment? The answer was being in Snape's class. Every time he smirked at one of Malfoy's stupid comments about Dumbledore being gone, I wanted to throw my cauldron in his face. I played the scene out in my head.

"Thank god Dumbledore's gone. Now all the Mudbloods can burn in hell!" Draco would yell, cackling evilly. Snape would smirk.

"Oh shut up you cold blooded monster!" I would throw my cauldron at Malfoy's head, knocking him out.

"Miss Potter!" Snape shouted, snapping me out of it. I jumped, turning my attention back to him.

"Yeah? I got distracted," I mumbled. Snape smirked, and then docked five points, the dumb git.

Soon enough, we were off to Herbology, working with the Mandrakes, which were almost ready, to my relief. Hermione could be revived, along with all of the others who had been petrified. I missed Hermione so much.

"Look at that," Ava snickered, motioning towards Ernie apologizing to Harry. "I wouldn't accept his apology if I were Harry."

"Why don't you go say something? You're basically his girlfriend after all," I said evilly.

"Oh will you be quiet? I am not!" Ava hissed, rolling her eyes. I muttered a "sure," and noticed Ernie coming towards me. I groaned, not wanting to deal with him.

"Hello Lillian," Ernie said. I scowled at the use of my full name, and stared up at him, arms crossed. "I just wanted to, er, apologize. For blaming you and Harry."

I nodded, saying okay, and he walked away.

"Sorry my ass..." I muttered, annoyed.

Ava and I continued working on the Mandrakes, and suddenly, I felt a paper ball hit the back of my head. Scowling, I turned around, and picked it up. I made eye contact with Harry, who mouthed for me to open it.

We finally saw spiders. We're following them tonight. Meet in the common room after everyone's gone to sleep.

I nodded, crumpling up the paper after showing it to Ava.

"Don't you think it's weird how in the memory, you said that Hagrid's monster-friend was a spider, and there's spiders crawling around everywhere? Not that I suspect Hagrid or anything, but it's weird," she said. I nodded. It was weird.

"Ava's being smart for once?" I fake gasped. She hit the back of my head, scowling.

Hours later, I found myself sitting in the common room, once again waiting for Ron and Harry. Why couldn't they just hurry up for once? Slowpokes. I was expecting McGonagall to catch me any minute.

A shadow moved in the darkness. Frowning, and a bit freaked out, I began moving closer, and closer, until all of a sudden, the figure screamed, dropping something. I jumped, falling on my butt.

"Ow! That really hurt, whoever you are, you'd better have a bloody good reason you're down here, or else I might just rip your head off," I ranted. "Lumos."