Chapter 8

"Ava, look at me. It's going to be okay," I comforted her, my voice barely able to be heard over the Gryffindors making their way to the Great Hall, like Dumbledore had told them to do.

Everyone except Ava, Harry and I were running like maniacs to the Great Hall. We were to the side, trying to make Ava feel better.

"T-they're going to catch him! W-what if they do? What if he hurts someone?" Ava sobbed hysterically.

"Ava, listen to me. You're going to be okay," Harry said.

It was actually SO adorable, but it wasn't the time to be crying over their cuteness.

"Whatever happens won't be your fault. We won't let anyone hurt you, okay?" Harry said, wrapping his arms around Ava and pulling her into a hug.

He rested his chin on top of her head. I looked around awkwardly, and decided it would be best to leave them alone.

"Okay guys, um, great talk, but I just saw," I looked around for someone I knew. I spotted Fred. "I just saw Fred, and I have to talk to him. Meet me in the Great Hall, okay?"

Wow, I felt so loved. Neither of them responded.

"Hey, Fred!" I shouted, running after him.

He turned around, and when he saw it was me, he grinned. This is going to sound pretty bad, but I was so confused about my feelings for him that I had decided to avoid him recently. Oops.

In case I died tonight, I was just going to tell him how I felt, but not now. You only live once, right? And if he didn't feel the same... it wasn't like anything bad would happen.

"Lily!" Fred grinned, breaking away from Lee Jordan and George to walk with me.

There were those butterflies again. Damn it, I thought they would have gone away!

His grin suddenly fell, and his expression turned serious. "You've been avoiding me."

"No, Fred, I haven't-" I started, feeling guilty.

"Then where have you been recently?" he asked.

"I'll explain once we get out of this crowd," I said, suddenly feeling very anxious. Oh my god, was I gonna tell him? I didn't know what to do! I know I had a y.o.l.o attitude earlier, but things were different now.

Without thinking, I grabbed Fred's hand, and pulled him down another corridor, away from the crowd.

"Lily, we have to go to the Great Hall-" Fred said.

"I know," I said nervously.

"And Sirius Black could be anywhere in this castle-"

"Yeah, he could be," I nodded.

"So what're we doing here?" he asked.

I'm not sure what came across me. Maybe it was the fact that after avoiding him, he still managed to give me butterflies, or maybe it was the way I felt strangely connected to him, but out of nowhere, I stood on my tippy toes, and pressed my lips to his.

He stood there for a moment, shocked, but then kissed back, placing his hands around my waist. It felt like a million sparks were exploding everywhere. As cheesy as it sounded, it was true.

I smiled into the kiss, bringing my arms up, and placing them around his neck. No, I didn't know what I was doing at first, but yes, I sure was enjoying it. It was such a relief to just let him know how I felt about him, and a huge weight was lifted off my chest. Dang, he was good at this, too. It was like all of my worries had just gone away, until-