Chapter 11

"I can't stand Snape!" I shouted angrily, my hair turning darker. My hair bad been kind of annoying lately. I wondered if there was a spell or potion that could make it stay one color?

"Doesn't everyone feel that way?" Ava snorted.

"Well, yeah... But I hate him the most! He's so annoying and rude!" I complained, crossing my arms.

"You know who's annoying?" Ron said.

"Who?" Ava, Olivia, Harry, and I all chorused.

"Hermione Granger. She's such a know it all! OOOH, Professor Snape! I know the answer! I read it in the library!" Ron said in a high pitched tone.

My hair turned even darker than it was before.

"Ron!" I scowled. "Hermione's really nice if you'd just get to know her."

"What? It's true!" Ron said.

Suddenly, I heard a cry, and the next thing I knew, Hermione was running away.

"Ron, you better watch out when I come back," I growled before chasing after Hermione. I found her crying in a stall at the girls bathroom.

I knocked on the stall door.

"Who is it?" Hermione tried to disguise her shaky voice, but it was obvious she had been crying.

"It's Lily. Can you open the door? Please?"
I almost begged.

"Fine, but only because it's you," she huffed, unlocking the door and stepping out.

"You know, Ron is a git. He has no idea what he's talking about. He's just jealous that he can't be as smart as you," I giggled when saying the last part.

She gave me a small smile.

"Lily? Lily?" I heard from outside the bathroom.

"Ava found me," I whispered.

"LILLIAN POTTER! WHERE THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU? YOU'RE SCARING ME!" Ava shouted.

I smirked as I got an idea.

"C'mon!" I beckoned Hermione over behind a stall door.

Ava entered the bathroom, looking around. Just as she was about to leave, I jumped out from behind the door.

"BOO!" I yelled.

She jumped in the air, screaming.

I doubled over in laughter. Hermione was practically on the ground, clutching her stomach from laughing so hard.

"I hate you," Ava pouted.

"Love you too, my little Ava," I said sarcastically.

"Hermione? Are you okay?" Ava said. "I know, I know, Ron's a complete a-"

"Ava-"

"Sorry, sorry. He's a complete alpaca," she said, covering up her slipping of appropriate language. I rolled my eyes.

"AVA! You git! WHERE IN THE NAME OF MERLIN ARE YOU?" I heard Olivia scream.

I'd never realized how much Ava and Olivia were alike until now. Well, Ava was more chaotic and immature, but still, they were really alike!

"There you are!" Olivia walked in the door, panting and sweaty for some reason.

"Why are you all sweaty and panting?" Ava asked, as if she could read my mind.

Suddenly, there was a loud stomping noise.

"Because THAT was chasing me!" Olivia squealed, running out of the way right before a gigantic baseball bat hit her.

Wait, that wasn't a baseball bat! It was a club, and that was a troll!

"AHHHH!" we all screamed, frantically running away.

"GO AWAY, YOU BIG TROLL! LEAVE MY FRIENDS ALONE!" I yelled, pulling out my wand and standing in front of everyone.

I was still getting used to this thing, so I didn't think I could do much, but I could try.

The troll grunted, and swung at me again. I tried to duck, but his club skimmed my head, and I fell to the ground, clutching the spot where he had hit me. So much for that idea.

"Well that didn't work," I said dizzily.

It sounded like I was underwater. I could still see what was going on, but I was dizzy and everything was blurry.

"LILY!" I heard Ava scream.

The troll swung for Ava, and missed her by about a centimeter.

"DON'T TOUCH MY COUSIN, YOU NASTY TROLL!" Olivia seethed.

The troll tried to grab Hermione, but she ducked underneath a sink at the last minute.

Harry burst through the bathroom door, Ron following close behind him.

"WHERE'S LILY?" Harry shouted. I'd never seen him like this.

My vision started fading. Harry knelt down next to me.

"Lily? Please be okay!" Harry cried.

"Don't worry about, me, I'm absolutely fi- fine!" I tried to smile, but I wasn't strong enough. Then everything went black.