Chapter 25

Our little group sat in the common room, talking and laughing with each other. It was the first time in a while that we had really been all together like this.

All of the sudden, an owl tapped its beak on the window, carrying a box that had large holes poked in it. A grin spread on my face. I knew what that was!

Olivia jumped up and opened the window, letting the owl inside.

"Aww, the poor thing! It's freezing outside, and it had to come all this way!" Hermione cooed.

"Who's it for?" Ron asked, ignoring Hermione.

"Umm... lemme check... it's for Ava!" Olivia announced, giving the box to Ava.

"Oooh, this is gonna be good," I rubbed my hands together, with a mischievous glint in my eyes.

"Yay! More presents!" Ava squealed.

She tore open the box, and gasped when she saw the metal cage.

"My puppy!"

"HE CAME! FINALLY!" Olivia yelled, running over to sit next to Ava.

Everyone moved in closer so that they could see the puppy. Ava carefully removed the crate from the box.

"Oh my gosh! He's adorable!" Ava gasped, opening the crate.

The puppy was a little black dog, with floppy ears and stunning blue eyes.

"Whatcha gonna name him?" I questioned, looking at Ava happily.

"It should be Liv, because it's short for Olivia, and I'm obviously amazing!" Olivia flipped her hair.

"Padfoot," Ava said, her eyes tearing up. That name obviously had something to do with her past. I knew my best friend more than anything.

"Padfoot it is, then," I smiled.

**********

I was peacefully laying in my bed, when I realized that Harry had told me to meet him at this time in the common room. I dragged myself out of bed, and grabbed the cloak out of my trunk.

I quickly bounded down the stairs to find Harry waiting for me.

Harry threw the cloak over us, and we headed towards the mirror room. Since we knew where it was now, it only took half the time that it took last time to get there.

Once we entered the room, Harry ran over to the mirror, throwing off the cloak in the process. He then sat in front of the mirror and stared into it.

What seemed like hours passed. I sat on the ground, facing the opposite way from the mirror. I finally agreed with Ron, it was not safe. Harry seemed to be going barkers from it! I tried to tell him that, but he wouldn't listen. I mentally sighed. I mean, he literally refused! It came down to me trying to drag him out, but he wouldn't move.

More time passed. I almost fell asleep twice, but I couldn't. I couldn't lose sight of Harry. Who knew what this mirror could be? It could've been dangerous. I couldn't leave my brother here alone, and he was too stubborn to leave.

The whole time I faced away from the mirror. I didn't look into it once, because I knew that if I looked, I wouldn't be able to look away.

"Lillian, you are a smart girl."

I jumped up, looking around. For the second time in one day, Dumbledore appeared out of the blue!

"I don't need a cloak to become invisible," Dumbledore advised me.

"An invisibility spell?" I asked.

"Not exactly," Dumbledore chuckled. "Harry, I advise you to leave the mirror."

Harry jumped up, in a very similar way that I had.

"Professor Dumbledore!" Harry exclaimed. He had been staring at the mirror so intensely that he hadn't even noticed Dumbledore.

"Hello, Harry. May I ask you, what do you see in that mirror?" Dumbledore asked, knowledge in his voice. I knew that he already knew what Harry and I saw.

"My parents, Lily, myself... sometimes the whole family appears," Harry said quietly.

"Ah. I see... Do you know what this mirror is called?"  Dumbledore asked.

"No, sir," Harry shook his head.

"The Mirror of Erised," Dumbledore said.

"Erised... Erised... That's desire, backwards, correct?" I looked up at Dumbledore.

"Yes. This mirror shows what a person desires," Dumbledore said. "For example, the happiest man on earth would see himself in the mirror."

Harry stood up, but didn't move. He did look away from the mirror, however.

"People have wasted away before this mirror, dreaming that what they saw may come true. I don't want the same to happen to you, Harry, though I doubt Lily here would let that happen." Dumbledore chuckled at the last part. "The mirror will be moved tonight. Please do not go looking for it, Harry. Understood?"

Harry nodded slowly, taking one last look at the mirror.

"Professor, what do you see in the mirror?" Harry and I chorused.

Dumbledore hesitated a bit before answering.

"I, see myself holding a pair of fuzzy socks. Now, go on. Good night."

"Goodnight, Professor," Harry and I said.

Once out of Dumbledore's earshot, the cloak hiding the both of us, I started whispering to Harry.

"He didn't see himself with a pair of fuzzy socks. I know it."

"I know. But what did he see?" Harry asked, confused.

"I have no idea."

A/N
Thanks for reading, please leave a vote and a comment to tell me how the chapter was! Also, what do you think Dumbledore saw in the mirror?
Love you all,
-fanficandfic