Chapter 15

Harry was silent the entire way back to the common room, excluding when he would respond to Hagrid. Hagrid had pretty much scolded Harry for even following Krum into the woods, and me for going back to follow them, and then both of us for thinking it was a good idea for me to stay behind. It was an understatement to say that Hagrid was in a bad mood.

I was still a bit shaken up over what had happened, but overall, I was fine. I could sense that Harry was blaming himself for what almost happened to me, but it wasn't his fault. I was the one who told him to go get Dumbledore, and to leave me behind.

We both climbed through the portrait hole, and into the common room. I instantly spotted Hermione and Ron standing up and rushing over to us.

"You two've been ages!" Hermione exclaimed, but then caught sight of Harry and I's expressions. "Harry, why are you so pale?- and Lily, why are you even paler?"

I knew that we had to tell Hermione and Ron what happened, but I honestly didn't feel like having to relive the feeling that I felt when I was running from Crouch/whoever was trying to kill me.

"What's going on here?"

Fred walked up behind Hermione and Ron. I gulped. I didn't even want to tell him what happened, because he'd totally freak out.

"Are you alright, love?" he asked, concern in his eyes. "You look sick..."

I wrapped my arms around his middle and buried my face into his chest, never wanting to leave the comforting feeling that it brought me. He rested his chin on top of my head, holding me, even though he had no idea what happened.

"I think we should sit down," Harry said, bringing me back to reality.

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred and I all sat down, and  Harry mostly explained what had happened. I explained the part where I was nearly killed, though. I sat snuggled into Fred's side, and I kept glancing at him throughout the story. He said nothing, but his jaw was clenching tighter and tighter as the story went on.

The noise of the common room made it so that nobody else could hear what we were saying, luckily.

Harry finally finished the last of the story, and Ron and Hermione looked horrified. Fred, on the other hand, looked livid.

"You're telling me that Lily just nearly got killed, and you two just walked in here acting like nothing happened?" Ron cried. "Acting like you had just gone for a stroll on the grounds?"

"You shouldn't of left her by herself, Harry," Fred said quietly.

"It's not his fault," I said abruptly. "I told him to go, we didn't think Crouch would actually do something- if it was even him."

Fred swallowed, his adam's apple bobbing in his throat.

"Lily, are you sure you're okay?" Hermione asked gently.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I replied.

"Do you want me to go get you a cup of tea from the kitchens?" Ron asked, standing up. "It's what mum does when people are upset..."

"I'm okay." I smiled at Ron, but the smile slipped off my face when I caught a glimpse of Fred's expression. "Come on, Freddie, let's go upstairs. I wanna talk to you."

The two most noticeable signs that Fred Weasley was upset were as follows: one- his jaw clenching, and two- he became very quiet.

I led Fred up the stairs by the hand, glancing back at my friends as I went. Harry was looking at the ground, and Hermione was saying something to him with her hand on his shoulder.