Chapter 27

The next day, we had Quidditch practice again. The team was in the locker room, and once Wood announced that he had something important to tell us, I thought it was gonna be one of his six hour long pep-talks. So, I pulled my small pillow out of my bag, leaned it against Alicia, laid down, and closed my eyes.

Everyone except Wood started to laugh.

"Lily!" Wood snapped.

"Yes?"

"Pay attention," he demanded.

"I am!" I continued laying down, but this time I kept my eyes open.

"Now we're going out in the rain instead of sitting here talking," Wood smirked, "because of Lily."

"Lily!" the team began to groan, shooting me glares.

"Yay! My hair won't be frizzy anymore when it's wet!" I grabbed my broom and rushed outside, leaving my bag in the locker room.

"What am I going to do with her?..." I heard Wood mutter.

When we got outside, Fred and George started dive bombing each other, and pretended to fall of their brooms.

"Weasleys!" Wood shouted. "This is exactly the kind of thing that's going to lose us the match! Snape's refereeing!"

Everyone stopped talking immediately.

"He's doing WHAT?" Angelina said slowly.

"Since when does that greasy git have experience with Quidditch?" I scowled.

George actually did fall off of his broom this time from laughing.

"He'll be looking for any excuse to deck points from us- Fred, would you stop messing around?" Wood yelled impatiently.

The team started complaining, groaning and saying about how we were going to lose the cup now.

"Oi! It's not my fault! Now get to warming up, we don't have all day!" Oliver said.

After Quidditch, instead of taking my time and hanging out with Fred and George like I normally did, I quickly rushed back to the common room with Harry. When we arrived, we found Hermione and Ron playing chess. Ava and Olivia were most likely upstairs.

"Ron! Hermione! It's impor-" I started.

"Be quiet for a minute! I'm concentrating," Ron interrupted me.

Then, I randomly remembered something that I had tried the other day, and found out I could do. I didn't know why, but I felt a strong urge that I had to show my friends.

My brain was all over the place, and if I didn't show my friends what I wanted to show them, it would be stuck in my head all day.

"Be right back!" I ran upstairs, to find my dormitory door locked.

"Open up!" I knocked on the door.

Ava opened it a bit, but when she saw it was me, she pulled me inside.

"What?" Ava said.

"Look! I can change my hair color willingly!" I squeezed my eyes shut, and changed my hair to ombré brown. "I thought it just changed by itself, but I was wrong."

Olivia jumped back in surprise.

"I WANNA DO THAT!" Ava yelled jealously, eying my hair.

"Well, too bad you can't! Bye!" I said. "I have to go tell Ron something."

I skipped back down the stairs, my brain able to focus on what I was going to tell Ron a bit easier now.

"What did you wanna tell us?" Ron asked.