Chapter 35

"Ow, Harry, you imbecile, that was my foot!" I hissed.

"Sorry!"

"Be quiet!" Hermione snapped.

We were heading towards Hagrid's to get Norbert, and take him up to the tallest tower in the school.

We didn't have Ron, Ava, or Olivia with us. Ron was in the hospital wing for his dragon bite, and Ava and Olivia were finishing up their last days of detention. But if they were here, we probably would have been caught already, because of Ava constantly annoying Harry, and Olivia making weird jokes that Harry and Ron didn't understand.

"Okay, come out from the cloak. We're here," Harry whispered, stepping out of the cloak. We all did as he said.

"I can't see anything!" I whispered, squinting.

"Lumos," Hermione whispered. The end of her wand lit up.

"Where did you learn that spell?" I frowned.

"It's only a second or third year spell, Lillian. I learned it from a book, obviously," Hermione said.

I then noticed that Hagrid was standing outside of his hut with Norbert in a big crate.

"B-bye bye, N-Norbert... Mommy w-will miss you!" Hagrid managed to splutter out, before bursting into tears.

"Hagrid, I know you're upset, but you need to quiet down. We don't want anybody seeing us do this..." I said, walking over to him.

He nodded, biting his lip to keep from crying again.

"Imagine how happy Norbert will be, not cooped up in a small little hut. You're helping him out, you should feel happy," I continued.

"That's the nicest thing you ever said ter' me!" Hagrid sobbed loudly.

"Shh! Hagrid, we need to take Norbert now," Harry said.

"Right... tell 'em to take good care of my Norbert..." Hagrid sniffled, petting the dragon one last time.

I gave Hagrid a pitiful glance, and moments later, we had begun lugging Norbert, under the invisibility cloak, to the tallest tower. Around halfway through, I saw an outline of a person.

"McGonagall!" Harry hissed, as quietly as he could. Forgetting that we were under the cloak, we scurried away from her.

"She's not here for us..." I mumbled, noticing another, smaller, outline of a figure.

"Detention! Mr. Malfoy, what makes you think that it is okay to be out in the corridors at this hour?" Professor McGonagall questioned, sounding pretty angry.

"But Professor, it's not me! It's Harry and Lily Potter, and their little crew! They have a dragon!" Malfoy attempted to defend himself. In that moment, I realized how ridiculous that sounded.

"What utter rubbish! How dare you tell me such lies? I will be speaking with Professor Snape about this- come along, Draco, you are in very much trouble."

With that, McGonagall marched a very angry Draco Malfoy out of the corridor.

**********

"Bye!" I called, waving at Charlie's friends. I was suddenly in a very good mood, especially because Malfoy was in trouble.

Harry, Hermione, and I were now able to quickly get down the stairs, and back to the common room. We reached the end of a spiral staircase, and something I didn't expect happened.

"Well, well, well, Potters, aren't we in trouble now?" Filch's voice rang through my ears, and I felt my heart drop to the bottom of my stomach.