Chapter 40

*Song included  is not linked to this chapter. I'm just in love with it so I thought I'd share it with ye :) !*

Recap:

The door swung open and a large husky with startling blue eyes bounded towards me. It pounced on me and just in time the owner grabbed its collar and pulled it away from me. I glared down at the husky.

Its owner was clearly a man as he was wearing men's shoes. They were dark brown leather shoes. They seemed to be Italian. I looked from the ground up. He was wearing straight leg jeans and a woollen jumper. I then reached his face and I couldn't form any words. All the saliva dried up in my mouth.

Iver Hamilton was standing before me with a look of pure shock on his face which probably mirrored my own.

********

There was just moment of silence as Iver and I stared at each other. It seemed to last for an eternity. He had aged slightly since I last saw him. Not so much so that it was noticeably visible but you could see a few wrinkles across his forehead. It was probably from all the frowning he does. He was still just as beautiful and chiselled as I remembered. He had a slight five o clock shadow which graced his face. I could feel all my repressed emotions for him rising to the surface. I was defiantly not ready to see him again.

I could feel the stinging of fresh tears at the back of my eyes. My palms were beginning to sweat. He didn't look perturbed in the slightest at seeing me...well besides the look of pure shock and bewilderment on his face.

My hand began to shake at my side and burn with the urge to slap him. The anger I had shoved from my mind when he walked out on me all those years ago was boiling up inside of me. I clenched my fists and tried to control myself. I was bigger than this.

"Iver" I greeted coldly while giving a slight inclination of my head. Even I flinched slightly at the frostiness in my voice but he deserved it.

"Talia." My name gushed out of his mouth in a strained whisper. "I didn't know that you we're still living in Paris" he mumbled while he ran his fingers through his hair.

I rolled my eyes in response. After he fired me I was barely able to survive as I had limited savings and a child on the way. I almost had to move back to London.

His husky began to whine and I was reminded of why I even came over to the apartment in the first place. "Look Iver let's just cut to the chase and leave out all this pointless chit chat" I said while folding my arms across my chest. "Your dog is keeping me up with its incessant barking. Can you please find some way to shut it up."

I could see the frown lines forming on his face and the anger clouding his eyes. "I don't know what you're talking about Talia. If you have a problem then buy some fucking earplugs" He grunted while clenching his teeth.

I actually can't fucking believe him! "You're so bloody immature, you know that! I have a kid in there who takes about 3 hours to put to sleep and you bloody ruin it by being a selfish prick and not keeping your damn dog quiet."

Silence began to pervade the hallway in which we were standing once again. The anger had slipped away from Iver's face and the colour had drained from his cheeks. He was as pale as a ghost.

I had realised too late what I had said, I had brought up my son. The forbidden topic, it seemed. He probably still believed that I had sprouted a bunch of lies about him being the father.

Iver sagged against the door jam, "How is the little tyke?" he asked while shoving his hands in his pockets.

"How is the little tyke" I whispered while frowning. The nerve of him! "You didn't care three years ago when you called me a whore so don't feign interest now Iver." I growled.