Chapter 28

About three months later I found myself arriving in an airport in Tuscany. It was Callie’s and Pierre’s wedding and I, the Maid of Honour needed to be there for the preparations. And let’s not forget about the all important Hen Night. I was super excited, firstly for the wedding and secondly because I haven’t seen Callie in a month. She had been so busy with work, two weeks ago she was in California and last week she was in Milan.

After a horrendous flight with the woman sitting beside me balling her eyes out because her boyfriend...wait for it...of a week had dumped her. She cried on my shoulder for two hours and told me about how much she loved him and how they were going to get married. I think my eyebrows disappeared into my hairline in shock and surprise at her naivety.

I waited at the conveyor belt for my bag to swing around to where I was because I was too lazy to go get it. My heartbeat sped up every time someone grabbed a bag in the vicinity of mine. I’m always terrified that somebody is going to take my suitcase and just walk off with it someday. It finally reached me and with no effort on my part but with the help of the cute guy standing beside me I got my bag. I smiled at the guy in gratitude and then strutted towards the exit.

The automated door whooshed upon. The bright Tuscan sun hit the lenses on my sunglasses and I squinted slightly. I looked around for Callie and soon spotted her blonde hair glinting in the light as she lent against her trendy sports car. I grabbed the handle on my suitcase and half ran and half walked over to her. She looked up from her phone when she presumably heard the clicking of my heels as I approached. Her eyes widened to a comical size and she squealed. I dropped my bag and wrapped my arms around her in a bone crushing hug.

“Talia you look amazing” She exclaimed as she pulled away from me. “Ohh pfft. You’re the one who looks amazing, my little bride to be” I said grinning at her. She laughed and then gasped and looked down at my stomach. “I nearly forgot” she gasped and then bent down to my stomach “How’s my little goddaughter?” she cooed. I rolled my eyes “You do realise that it could be a girl or a boy, second of all the baby can’t hear you.” “Shh” she said putting her palm over my mouth, “Aunty Callie is talking. You mother is such an idiot did you know that? If you are sick of her when you are born, come to me and I will you adopt you.” She promised as her hand left my mouth. “Hahaha Callie the baby would never survive with you.” I laughed. She looked at me for a second and then shrugged. “True that” she giggled.

“Come on lets go” she opened the car door and slipped inside but not after putting my bag in the boot. I hopped in the passenger seat and then we drove off, Destination: Pierre’s mansion just outside Florence. What I didn’t know was that Pierre was decidedly rich, as in his parents were multi millionaires and he was the black sheep who decided to branch away from managing their biomedical companies to become a fashion photographer. He was still minted from his job and I thought he was rich back then. He could probably even rival Hamil-... no I refused to mention his name anymore. I was quickly distracted by Callie pointing out the mansion in the distance.

It was a beautiful Classical Italian villa with a large expansive garden surrounding it. It was two stories with beautiful marble pillars holding up an impressive balcony. There was a meandering drive way leading up to the entrance where it curled around a large fountain which resided outside. The mansion itself was a light yellow in colour with a typical terracotta roof. It really was beautiful. I wanted to live here so bad.

Talia pulled up outside; Pierre and one of the most beautiful men I have ever seen walked down the steps leading to the front door. I lowered my sunglasses on my nose so that I could fully appreciate the view. He had longish brown hair which was slicked back. It curled slightly at his ears. His smile was magnetic and his blue eyes glistened in the bright light. A slight five o clock shadow grazed his lower face. His jaw line was strong and his cheekbones were high. I swear there was probably drool falling from my mouth after I finished checking him out. I so wanted some of that, twas a pity that I’m pregnant.