Chapter 1

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BEGIN READING THIS STORY!!!!!!

SERIOUSLY PLEASE READ! I KNOW THAT I SKIP AUTHORS NOTES TOO ALL THE TIME BUT THIS IS IMPORTANT!

So basically I would like to point out that I have tried my very best to portray real, 3 dimensional characters. That means that they make mistakes, they are not perfect just like you and me. Certain things my characters do you might not like or agree with and I try to explain to the best of my ability why they do these things. When we make decisions always at that very moment you yourself feel like you made the right decision but those around you who have a certain remoteness from the situation are able to evaluate the decision and criticize it. You have to remember when you read this that the characters have emotions too and though it may not seem logical to you it seems 100% logical to them. You also have to remember the upbringing and backgrounds of my characters too and remember that certain things that are acceptable in some cultures might not be in yours.

I would like to point out that your opinion matters and that I don't mind if you dislike things my characters do or say, I just want to state that if you are looking for the perfect character then my story is most likely not for you.

Thanks for your time and sorry for getting so deep there.

I hope ye enjoy the story :)!

***********

A.N. So basically this is the first original story I have written for Wattpad, I used to use Fiction press but I have decided to move to Wattpad. Personally I think that this was a good decision! Anyway I hope you enjoy this story please vote and comment. Thank you!

The shrill ringing of the alarm clock disturbed the peaceful atmosphere in the room. I rolled over and groaned, resting my forearm over my eyes. I tried to block out the bright sunlight penetrating through the crack in the curtains.

Then it dawned on me, "Sunlight?" I questioned, my eyes suddenly widened in shock. In a flurry of limbs I scrambled out of bed and ran into my closet grabbing the most appropriate clothes I could find. I was going to be late for work. My jerk of a boss Mr. Vivier wants us in work for 6 a.m. it is usually dark then, so I knew I was late. It makes no sense why I have to be in for work at that time considering I'm his assistant and he doesn't roll his fat ass out of bed until 9. I sighed, collected my bag and keys then headed to work.

There was a chill to the Parisian air as I stepped outside. I wrapped my scarf around my neck and started to walk. The sound of my high heeled boots clipping on the cobble street pierced the silence as I rushed to the barista. I needed my routine cup of coffee I didn't care that I was going to be late; the boss would just have to get over this one small mishap in my otherwise perfect record.  A quiet street in Paris is unusual but where I live there is never any noise at 6 a.m. all the college students or drunkards are in off the street at this time soothing their hangover after staying out until 3 a.m. Don't get me wrong I was like that too but then I realised that my father wasn't going to provide for me, not that I wanted him to either, so I got a job and entered the real world.

I soon reached my favourite coffee shop, evidently everyone's favourite coffee shop, considering the queue was out the door. Luckily enough the barista's are quite experienced and are efficient. Otherwise I wouldn't even bother turning up to work. The smell of all the different blends was just mouth watering, it was palpable. I have a serious addiction to coffee, it's ridiculous, but I guess that's what I get for moving to Paris where coffee is a massive part of everyone's day. While waiting for the queue to move forward, I scrolled through instagram, double tapping anything I liked. Photography was my passion and I really wanted to pursue that career but my controlling father didn't see it as a money making job. He is a self made man, started his own architectural company from scratch, and I do admire him for that but it is difficult to love him as your father when he is a ruthless, cold-hearted bastard. The only reason I keep connections with my family is because of Ethan, my brother and my stepmother Marie. Marie holds this family together, Ethan and I are really close, but Alice my sister, Ha-ha, don't get me started on that condescending bitch, but they are family.