Chapter 9

I was so excited nothing could stop me. I was practically glowing while walking around the office doing errands for Hamilton. Speaking of Hamilton he is in a very strange mood today. Personally I think that he is just on his period, ha-ha. There are other theories going around, some I liked and some I didn’t like. Just a couple of minutes earlier I was standing in the break room when Elise suggested that maybe he was embarrassed about the whole laxative situation yesterday. I thought that was pretty funny, Hamilton being embarrassed and holing himself up in his office but I quickly discounted the theory. Hamilton embarrassed; fat chance. Then the idiot Cyril; you know the office pervert suggested that Hamilton and I were having a secret affair and that we had hot and heavy sex in his office. Some laughed whereas I sighed, threw up a little in my mouth and had left the room. There was no point getting angry at Cyril because he loves getting a rise out of people, its best just to ignore him and that is what I did.

Now let’s get back to the topic at hand; why am I excited? I have a date with Cassio later this evening. I grinned to myself and probably looked like a lunatic as I walked down the corridor with a skip in my step. We are meeting at his favourite restaurant. I only have four more hours left and then I am heading home to get dressed. I felt like doing a happy dance but I already looked stupid enough. I wandered into my office and saw that I had two missed calls. Both from a woman named Alexia. I called her back assuming that it was the woman calling in connection with the meeting later this week.

“Bonjour, this is Talia Connors, Mr. Hamilton’s P.A. How may I help you?” “Salut, may I speak to Iver s’il vous plait?” she asked with desperation in her voice. She definitely wasn’t French, I could tell by her accent. “I’m afraid that he is in a meeting” I replied cautiously. The fact that she called him Inver led me to believe that this wasn’t the woman about the meeting. Also the fact that they were on first name basis but she didn’t have his phone number was suspicious. “I will notify him that you called as soon as he leaves his meeting.” “Merci beaucoup Madame” her tone brightened up and I imagined that she was grinning down the phone. I gritted my teeth and slammed the phone down. “I am not Madame” I mumbled under my breath. Bitch!

I slowly dragged myself out of my leather chair and trudged towards Hamilton’s office. Although I am his P.A. I thought that I might get away with not having to deal with him today. According to Jean who is in the R&R department, Hamilton is even angrier than usual. I cracked the door open and peeked my head around it. He was sitting at his gigantic mahogany table flicking through different reports.

“What do you need?” he snapped while beckoning me inside. I jumped in fright, I didn’t know that he saw me; I speed walked towards his desk and folded into one of the chairs before him. He quirked an eyebrow at me. I ignored his questioning look and placed his itinerary for tomorrow on the table. He pulled it towards himself and scanned through it and then looked up. “Is that all?” he asked with a blank look on his face as if he was bored. “Emm no, a...” I quickly glanced at my sheet of paper. He grabbed his cup of coffee took a sip. “Alexia Veronio called asking to speak with y-” He slammed his coffee mug down on his desk, some of the coffee sloshed out and the boiling hot beverage ran down his hand. He didn’t even wince. I jumped and recoiled in my seat at the noise. He growled in anger and started to mumble under his breath. I tried to listen in but he was speaking too fast and in Italian.

“Ban her from the building and block all calls” His jaw tightened in anger and his bright blue eyes hardened to resemble rock. “Sir I think that that is a little harsh even for a slut you had a one night stand with” I laughed at his stupidity. He stood from his desk slowly and rose to his intimidating height of 6ft 4inches. It was the first time that I felt truly scared of him, terrified that he was going to hit or attack me. Now I could see the turmoil in his eyes and the horrors he witnessed while being in the Italian mafia. I was frightened of him.