Chapter 12

So this morning I decided to wear some of the new clothes Ethan made me purchase while in London. They showed a bit too much of my figure than I was happy with but I had no other choice. With me being the lazy person I am, they were the only clean work clothes that I had.

I was definitely getting a lot more attention from the male population anyway. It was either the figure hugging pinstripe grey pencil skirt or the low cut purple shirt that made my brown eyes pop. I was constantly tugging my skirt down throughout the day. It just felt too short to me. I was assured multiple times that it wasn’t. I was even asked where I was hiding my body all this time. Although it was phrased like a complement I couldn’t help but take it as a slight insult. Did I usually look like shit or something? I sighed and continued to photocopy some sheets for Hamilton.

Although Cassio apologised profusely and had a legitimate reason for as to why he hadn’t called me last time but this time I wasn’t so sure. You would think that he would learn from his mistake and have some decency as to text me at least once. It had been two days since our lunch date and I hadn’t heard one word from him, nada, zilch. Not one bloody word. I honestly thought that he liked me, he had even told me so straight to my face. He didn’t seem like the type of guy to blow me off like that but then he could just be playing me. It doesn’t seem right though.

I had no idea what I could have possibly wrong at lunch. Callie was getting very annoyed because I called her at least three times yesterday about it. She hung up on me after the third time saying she had lots to do. I don’t know if you could classify spending two days in the Alps skiing with Pierre as ‘As a lot to do’. She was just being a lazy git but then maybe I am being self centred.

The machine beeped and I noticed that I had printed at least 50 extra copies of the document that I didn't I need. I removed the sheets from the machine and added some new paper. I jerked with fright when the machine started making a sizzling noise and steam rose from it. I smacked the side of it hoping to stop it from malfunctioning but I just made it worse. The lights began to flash at different speeds. I glanced around the main office and let out a sigh of relief when I noticed that nobofy had seen the commotion.  I held the sheets to my chest, kept my eyes trained on my feet and slowly backed away.

There was no way that I was dealing with Hamilton’s fury. I rolled my eyes. That man can be so dramatic. I recalled the time when he gave out to Cyril for breaking the new coffee machine. Cyril’s stomach was practically scrapping the floor, begging for forgiveness. It was one of the happiest memories I had in this place.

I entered his office without knocking which was the norm for me now. He was sprawled out behind his expansive mahogany desk. His grey suit complimenting his muscular frame, his shirt was stretched across his wide chest and the sleeves were bunched up around his biceps. I tried to keep my swooning to a minimum as I approached his desk; there was no need for him to find out how attractive I thought he really was.  I didn’t want him to bring up the moment in the lift when he caught me checking him out.

“The outfits better” he said without moving his eyes from his newspaper. I think that was his way of complimenting me. “Sexy, even” he smirked and glanced up his eyes raking my body and leaving a hot trail everywhere he looked. I shifted uncomfortably as he continued to check me out. He eyes stopped at my chest for a couple of seconds. I knew then that the top was too low cut but Isa said otherwise.

He looked at me as if he was waiting for an award for complimenting me. What did he expect me to do, fall onto my back spread my legs and wait for him to take me? I was not that kind of girl. I rolled my eyes at his so called suaveness. I placed the files on his desk with some force but one page fluttered from the pile and onto the floor. I bent of pick it up; I could feel his hot eyes burning a hole as he gazed at my ass. And was I right! I turned my head slightly and used my peripheral vision to see Hamilton openly admiring my arse. I cleared my throat and left the room. There was no point confronting him about it, it would just make it worse.