Chapter 19

Hamilton sat across from me typing away on his laptop. His eyes were trained on the screen while he glared at it. A frown was etched across his forehead. His legs were sprawled out in front of him and a glass of Italy’s finest wine rested in the cup holder beside him. To say that this plane was lavish was an understatement.

When Hamilton called me last night and had asked me to book flights, I assumed he meant flights for a regular plane with regular people and not a private jet! The second I mentioned his name when I called to book I was redirected to his own special hanger at the airport where not one but five of his private jets resided. Oh and that isn’t even the shocking part, I was later informed that he has a jet in nearly every important international airport in the world. I knew he was rich but not that rich. I nearly passed out at the fact that he owned like a bazillion jets which probably cost a pretty penny each and he couldn’t even pay me enough so I don’t have to worry about the bills each month. I know my father is rich but not as rich as Hamilton, it’s not like he gives me any money anyway.

Hamilton grabbed his wine and took a sip and then took a hefty gulp. I felt that if he stared at that computer any longer it was going to explode from the fire in his gaze. An airhostess approached and tried to fill his glass with more wine. He didn’t even look up from the laptop and just dismissed her with a flick of his wrist. He cursed under his breath and then typed some more.

“You are going to give yourself an aneurysm” I sighed while picking at my nails. He ignored me and continued to type away. I rolled my eyes and huffed. He was acting like a little child ever since I said no to him that day in the office and had proven to him that I could endure his so called charm. He expected me to come crawling back and screaming for him to have sex with me. That hadn’t happened yet and it won’t either.

I pulled out my phone and decided to flick through some pictures on instagram. I glanced up every now and again at Hamilton but he hadn’t moved and he was still frowning. I decided to read a book on Wattpad to rescue me from the boredom of being on a flight with Hamilton.

I was fully engrossed in the story when a large object hit me in the chest. I jumped in fright and dropped my phone on the plush carpet. My heart was pounding in my chest when I glanced down, it was Hamilton’s briefcase.

“What is wrong with you?” I exclaimed when it became obvious that Hamilton flung his briefcase at me, why couldn’t he be like a normal person and politely ask for my attention. I grabbed his briefcase and flung it at his feet; I crossed my arms in anger. Without any hesitation on his part he kicked the briefcase towards me again, his eyes never leaving the laptop in front of me. Bloody Italians and their amazing football skills.

“And what am I supposed to do with this?” I grumbled and stomped on it. “You my esteemed P.A. are going to retrieve my phone and message Mr. Santino for me” he sneered. Not even then did he look at me. He was like a little child, sulking just because he didn’t get what he wanted.

I sighed loudly and reached down to grab his phone from the expensive looking briefcase. I fished around inside until my hand clasped around his mobile. I unlocked the phone and began to email Mr. Santino Hamilton’s orders.

“Did it send?” Hamilton asked afterwards. I sighed laboriously and checked for the fifth time. It was then I noticed that he had a message from the mysterious Alexia the girl he was so hung up on. My eyes widened in shock, I quickly peered at Hamilton but he hadn’t even noticed me gasp. I clicked on the message and then read its contents.

‘Iver caro, I heard that you were coming to Roma just when I arrived in Paris. I thought we could catch up when you return. Telefonami when you are finished. We shall meet up; it’ll be just like old times –Alexia-”