Chapter 5

So far it was another monotonous day at work. Nothing much had happened. I spent most of the day avoiding Hamilton. I was not in the mood for him, I just wanted to leave work and then hop on the plane to London and get this whole dinner out of the way. I was looking forward to seeing Ethan and mom but Dad and Alice ha-ha I could go months without seeing them and I would be deliriously happy. How could I like my dad when he was an asshole to everybody around him?

Julie was back in work today but I couldn’t talk to her about the situation because the rest of the girls were there and she didn’t want them to know. I promised that I would meet her after I got back from London. The only other interesting thing that happened at lunch was when Elise told us about her date with Jean, if you could even call a date to the cinema interesting.

I strolled into my office with a coffee in hand that was freshly brewed and took a seat at my desk. I logged on to the computer. In the corner of my eye I noticed the light flashing beside Hamilton’s name on the list. I clicked the button, I had five missed calls. “Shit” I exclaimed and jumped up from my chair. He was going to kill me. I wanted to get on his good side today and hopefully finish early but that definitely wasn’t happening now. I rushed into his office and strode towards his desk. He looked up his eyes quickly scanning my body, probably to check whether I changed my clothes yet like he ordered. Ugh asshole!

“Yes Sir, I only noticed your missed calls now, what is it you need” I asked politely. “Where were you” he growled impatiently. “Ehh at a little thing that some of us call lunch” I said sarcastically. “I don’t care, when I call you I want you to pick up and then be standing in front of me in my office.””I didn’t exactly see your mess-” I tried to explain. “I said I don’t want to hear it. Be here on time the next time you are called” he ordered. I nodded there was no point trying to reason with him, he was a stubborn bastard. He grabbed a pile of papers and started to shuffle them around “Right I need you to work this week-end” he said giving me no room to negotiate. “But sir I can’t, I have to go home to London for a family dinner tonight”. “Skip it, I do not have time for this” he dismissed me from his office. “Sir I’m leaving, I have to go” I was being serious; he couldn’t just order me around like that. I wouldn’t even be getting overtime! “Well then there might not be a job for you when you return. I mentally laughed there was no way that he would fire me. It would take way too much time to train up someone new. He just grunted and waved me out of the room as if to say I don’t have time for this petty nonsense. I was leaving whether he liked it or not. I didn’t care that I was looking for any excuse not to go to London. This was about proving a point that he couldn’t order me around. I grabbed my things and my suitcase from the cloakroom and left the office waving to the girls as I headed out the door and into the lift.

Originally I thought that I was going to be lucky on this trip when a gorgeous guy sat down beside me on the plane. He was tall sexy and had light brown hair. He also had nice abs, I saw them when he put my bag up in the overhead garage. I’m not a pervert. He was such a gentlemen and I started to think hmm something might happen with this. Turns out he has the driest person personality known to mankind. After a while he finally took out a book and soon the awkward atmosphere dissolved. And after a two hour flight with one child in particular screaming its head off I finally arrived in London.

I stepped off the plane and breathed in fresh air for the first time in two hours. It was great. It was a typical day in London with dark clouds looming overhead, waiting to burst. The wind was strong as well, my scarf nearly came off. Although I love Paris, I do miss London quite a bit. It’s such a beautiful city and there is so much to do. I sighed in content; it was good to be home.

Ethan was supposed to pick me up from the airport and then we were going to go to lunch. But he wasn’t to be seen. I was frustrated it was one job he had to do and he wasn’t even here. There was a loud horn noise and a bright blue Fiat swerved around the corner. It pulled up in front of me and nearly took my toes off. The driver’s door swung open and Ethan emerged. He unfolded to his full height of 6ft 2inches. I don’t know where he received the tall genes from. I was only 5ft 5inches. His brown hair rested like a mop on his head and a smile spread from cheek to cheek. His brown eyes lit up with excitement. He quickly advanced towards me and grabbed me in a bear hug spinning me in circles.