Chapter 1

I sat with my family at the table, quietly eating our food.

It was silent, occasionally my parents would share a few words, but I would never input anything. I was an omega, I was used to staying quiet, so that's what I did.

"There's a pack meeting in about an hour." My father said, looking me in the eye.

I lowered my gaze, nodding at him.

Usually, for a pack meeting we were expected to dress up a little, so as soon as I finished my toast, I asked to be excused, and left to go up to my room.

It was very plain, beige walls and a pale pink bedspread. I didn't have much furniture, just a bed, desk and chest of draws.

The room was large, my parents were both relatively high ranked, my grandfather was a beta, but my father was third born, so was not a beta, he just had beta blood. This did of course mean he was a pack fighter along with my mother. Despite this, I was just an omega, yes, I had beta blood, but I was shunned from the pack after they regarded me as a freak, even if they now thought I didn't see anything.

In my room, I went to the single mirror in the room and layered on some mascara, I didn't do much else, my hair was naturally straight so for once, I let it lay down naturally instead of having it up. I wore a simple dress, not paying much attention to the detail. My mother had picked it out for me.

I walked with my parents to the meeting room, but we split up when we arrived, since they were highly ranked, they went to the front of the chairs, whereas I had to stand at the back with the other omegas.

I had always felt a little out of place with them, they were all short and very thin, their hair thin and wispy. They were all nice of course, it was just that I stood out like a candle in the dark.

I stayed completely silent during the meeting, I am always quiet.

Not because I am shy... but because it means it doesn't look so obvious when I have a vision.

"Stormhounds pack," Alpha Derek spoke clearly, "Today I am here to tell you that Alpha Liam Sutton of Nightfall pack will be visiting, he was made alpha a year ago, but only now does he have the time to visit." I sensed a hint of annoyance in his tone, though it was well covered. "Preparations must be made for him arrival, which shall be in just under a weeks time. We will be discussing an alliance, and so you must be welcoming."

I was really trying to focus on the meeting, it had been a long time since I had seen anyone from outside of the pack.

I was of course vaguely interested, I knew what their territory looked like because I had spent a long time as a teenager learning the pack lands to try and prevent attacks, only it backfired. Now I had to watch the wolves be killed and know who they were.

He had a strong pack, I had not once seen them be attacked. So I had no idea what the alpha would be like.

I was trying so hard to focus on the meeting, but things never really went my way. I felt it coming before it happened.

A slightly woozy feeling, I found myself laying back against the wall, not wanting to fall over, I tried to keep my face calm as my eyes drooped and closed.

There was a massive group of packed wolves running away from something, it didn't take long to see who from. A group of rogues with matted fur and dirty paws were chasing them.

I heard a scream from the left that I recognised, and I instantly turned to follow it.

It took me a second too long to realise where I was, to realise who was screaming. From every angle, left and right, I saw wolves and rogues, neck and neck, brutally fighting to the death. I squeezed my eyes closed to try and block it out, but it never worked.