Chapter 16

(reuploaded because the notification wasn't working properly)

___________

Waking up, at first I didn't realise anything was wrong.

I was lying in a bed made up of white sheets, and below them, I could feel the warm folds of the white dress that I had been wearing, courtesy of Beta Stephan.

The thing that struck me as odd, was the wooden bookshelf in the corner.

It wasn't white.

I shot up, looking around me wildly.

I was in Liam's house.

The memories came flooding back, Kayla trying to kill me... Liam saved me...

Oh my god, he killed his own sister.

And I told him he had big guns... oh man.

The memory of being strangled was not one that I would lose, just thinking about it brought an instant pain to my throat.

Looking to my left, someone had placed a glass of water on the night stand.

Gladly, I took it, draining it within seconds.

Throwing the covers off of me, I swung my legs out and stood up. Physically I wasn't feeling any pain or discomfort, with the exception of my throat.

Walking into the bathroom, I gasped at my reflection.

My throat was badly bruised, ugly, purple marks covered it, and it looked slightly swollen.

My eyes were bloodshot, so I quickly dampened a towel with some cold water and pressed it to my eyelids for a few moments. When I took it off, I was relieved to see my eyes looking much less red, but still noticeably irritated.

But my body showed no signs of a struggle, no marks across my skin that suggested I had been held down, attacked.

It made me shudder to think of how utterly defenceless I had been. How I would be dead if Liam hadn't found us in time.

Liam.

I had to find him.

Deciding not to bother changing out of my dress, I opened my door slowly, and began to make my way down the main staircase.

I could feel the back of my dress trailing on the steps behind me, it was still perfectly white, despite me lying on the dirty ground. I wondered if they had treated it in some way, so it wouldn't get dirty.

When I found myself at the bottom of the stairs, I looked around for a moment, but saw no sign of Liam.

Instead, I felt my balance slowly getting thrown off, my vision fading ever so slightly. I was about to see a vision. Feeling the warning signs, I tried to make my way over to the living room, intending to lie down so I wouldn't fall.

I reached a chair in time, sitting down just as my vision blanked.

Beta Stephen was standing with two small children, both quaking in fear, though the older one looked as though he were trying to put on a brave face.

Immediately, Stephan snapped the neck of the younger girl, causing the older boy to look away, his face clenched in displeasure.

"Charlotte, again, I apologise for contacting you in such a way, but you must understand it's the only way." He said, sounding sincere.

"But you must realise that we require you to return to us immediately, we are the ones who will follow you in your time of need. You would be wise not to turn a blind eye." He spoke again. "We will await your return, but we have moved our base. You will find us in the south."