Chapter 26

"Alpha Theo Hudson of Dark Edge pack." Said the tall guy with blonde hair, he was the beta.

Alpha Hudson had dark brown hair, and looked tremendously unhappy to be here. I suppose I couldn't blame him, nobody really wanted a fight. 

"I came out of respect for Alpha Sutton." He told me in a firm voice. 

I shrugged at him, "And you will stay out of respect for me."

He stared at me with a neutral expression, though I could tell that he disagreed.

"What I fail to see, is why we are planning a fight." He said, looking irritated. 

Shrugging again, I said "I don't know. But I can assure you I have seen it. You can either fight for me, or-" Something made me stop.

Squinting my eyes at the Alpha, I could sense something strange about him. 

"What?" He snapped, the famous short temper of an alpha showing through. 

"Hm." I replied, looking away. "Would you do me a favour?" I asked him.

He stared at me with narrowed eyes, but didn't reply.

"When you meet your mate, I don't suppose you could introduce us?" I elaborated. 

His eyes widened slightly in surprise, but he didn't give me an answer before turning away. Luckily, some of the other alphas had arrived. 

"Why his mate?" The blonde guy, his beta, asked.

"She's... something special." I told him, not really clarifying. Truth be told, I wasn't entirely sure myself. But there was something I had seen in Alpha Hudson, a future with a girl that reminded me of myself. 

I set to work, introducing myself to the other alphas that had arrived. Some had refused to come, such as my old pack. They did have a new alpha, Alpha Derek had had a sister. 

"Why should we side with you?" A new man asked, his hair just slightly too long for his face and a gruesome scar tearing up his left cheek. He was a rogue, speaking for a small group of other rogues. 

"I'm not just a wolf, you know." I told him, smiling smugly. "I'm a goddess."

"Hah!" He scoffed, "I'll believe that when I see it."

Shaking my head with a sly grin on my face, "Darla is well." I promised.

"Darla." He said, in a slightly smaller voice.

"Yes. She's in the south of France. She had help escaping your father." I told him, eyeing up the scar on his face. 

It was easy to see why him and his sister, Darla, had become rogues. They were escaping an abusive father. 

The rogue had his lips pressed tightly together, but now he didn't look so confident. Shaking his  head, he returned to his posse of rogues without another word. But he wasn't trying to go against my word anymore. 

The vast majority of the pack was elsewhere, sending back all of the rogues that they could. We had a good population here. But it wasn't enough, not yet. 

The main problem was with the sheer amount of wolves here, and there just wasn't anywhere for them to stay. 

It was easy to deal with the rogues, they were used to camping out with nothing but the clothes on their backs. Many of them had already scoped out nearby caves to spend the nights in. They weren't used to having such luxuries as an actual room, but they gladly ate all of the food we had, and were keen to use the showers. It was probably a good thing, none of them had particularly good hygiene.