Chapter 2

I had been asleep all day, but I could barely keep my eyes open.

I could feel how drained I was, how much energy I had lost.

Whenever I was alone, I found myself sleeping, I would wake up every now and again to a beating from either the alpha or one of the guards.

When I would ask why they were hurting me, they said that they were showing the moon goddess that that I wasn't a part of the pack. They also said  that I deserved it.

Alpha Derek had left the mirror in here, so I could clearly see the word 'Freak' across my stomach.

I hated to see it, to know that it was true.

Judging by the guards that came around every 4 hours, I had been keeping a tally, so I knew that I had been in here for around 6 days.

Good, that meant that death would come faster.

They never fed me, they gave me water because I had to survive the week, I had to be killed at the right time. They didn't want to waste resources on me, that was why I had no food.

It was already taking it's toll on me, I could see my bones sticking out of my pale skin, I hated having to look at myself. But in a way, it was good. It reassured me that I was dying. Everything would be over soon.

I heard the telltale sounds of a guard coming into the prisons, which surprised me, It had definitely not been 4 hours since the last beating, I had hardly healed at all. One of the cuts above my eye was still bleeding.

But it seemed the blonde haired guard, who I knew as Sam was here for another reason, he stood in the middle of the prison, and began to talk loudly to us, "Alpha Liam Sutton of Nightfall pack is visiting today. He will be visiting the prison, but if any of you even dare to speak to him, they will be your last words."

He then turned to look at me with a glare, "That means you, freak."

His words stung and I flinched back.

All of us prisoners were weak, it was an example to the Alpha. To show that the prisoners never escaped.

He began to chuck some clothes to all of us, not wanting us to look indecent in front of the alpha.

He threw me a large t-shirt, it was relatively dirt-free, which surprised me.

He went to stand at a post at the end of the room which I had never actually seen a guard stand in, it surprised me the front they were putting up  for the alpha.

Just as the guard reminded us to me silent, giving me a meaningful look that was full of hatred, the sound of heavy footsteps began to sound down the spiral staircase at the other end of the room.

It was at that exact moment that my vision went strange. I was stood in the same room, only there were different people in it.

I was still in the cell, only I was watching myself. There was a man storming down the cells, he was utterly gorgeous. Like some kind of god, nothing I had ever seen in my visions before.

His beautiful face was contorted in anger, and I watched as he ripped the guard into shreds, ferociously growling as he killed him.

As quickly as it came, the vision went, I was me again, inside myself, and my gaze flickered to the guard at the end of the room.

I gasped "Sam!" I cried out, "Sam!"

He growled at me "I told you to stay quiet!"

"No! No you don't understand!" I pleaded, "Their going to kill you! They're going to kill you!"