Chapter 18

My eyes drifted open as I woke up in a strangely familiar room. 

I could see light pouring into the room through the wide, open window towards my right, the thin curtains draped across it did nothing to block out the intensity. 

My eyes closed without my permission against the bright light, I was co comfortable... I didn't want to get up just yet.

But I was somewhere unfamiliar... Heavenly, yes, but unfamiliar. 

I forced my eyes back open, I had to figure out where I was. 

There were three doors in the room, all of them were double doors. One was what I had mistaken to be a window, they in fact led out to a small balcony, it seemed. 

The doors across from the bed seemed familiar... I could remember walking through them and seeing the room for the first time. 

The other two doors I wasn't certain, but I assumed that one led to a bathroom and the other some kind of wardrobe. 

Suddenly, something shifted behind me. I hadn't realised that something had been pressed up against my back, something warm that sent tingles down my back. 

Slowly, I edged myself away, instantly missing the strange feeling.

Carefully turned my head towards the thing, careful not to wake it, my eyes soon fell on a sleeping figure. 

It was Liam. 

Instantly, I shrieked and pulled away, instinct telling me he would be mad if he found me here... I must have somehow snuck into his room in the night... It was that stupid dream I had, I probably sleepwalked up here.

When I pulled away, I threw myself off of the bed, which resulted in me falling off, and landing in a small heap on the ground. 

"Charlotte?" Liam called out, concerned.

Before I knew it he was standing in front of me, reaching forwards to grab me by the forearms and pulling me up to face him.

My face was flushed red in embarrassment, "I'm sorry!" I exclaimed, "I don't even remember how I got up here! I didn't mean to!"

He frowned at me, "Charlotte, I brought you up here myself, remember? You thought you were dreaming."

I stared at him blankly for just a moment. "What?"

"Do you still think you're asleep?" He asked, coming closer and gently brushing my hair out of my face.

"No." I whispered, "I think I've died and gone to heaven."

"I wish you wouldn't say things like that. I don't want you to die." He told me.  

"Oh my god, that's so embarrassing." I suddenly said, my eyes widening. 

"I don't-"

"I was completely convinced I was dreaming!" I breathed, "You can't blame me, I was in shock!" 

He gave me a gentle smile, "No, I guess not. Does that mean you believe me now?"

"I don't believe you, no. But I'm pretty sure this is real." I told him, looking around me in confusion. I was actually in Liam's room! And he had held me all night! Or day... I wasn't too sure how long I'd been sleeping for. 

"Why is it so hard to believe?" He asked me, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Well... I was pretty convinced you hated me." I said. 

He looked away from me, out towards the doors I had mistaken for a window earlier. "I guess that's my fault. I didn't really treat you that great."