Epilogue

Probably an unexpected update, but I have rewritten the epilogue below because I was unhappy with the ending, and as a result the sequel will be different (though it will still have the same cover/name - Bound)

Here it is:

_________________________

How many times must one die before they are finally at peace? It's a difficult question, and one that I have yet to answer for myself. 

How many times must I end up here, in the strange place full of clouds and mist, being forced to chose my own fate again and again. 

I still wore the black dress, though it faded away at the bottom, hidden by the clouds. It was a great contrast to all of the white that surrounded me.

"Charlotte." A melodic voice stated. I didn't turn, knowing that it was my mother that stood behind me. "The fight?" She asked.

"I was wrong." I whispered, too ashamed to meet her gaze. "Did it end?" 

"Yes." She replied, "It did. Charlotte, we must all make mistakes in learning who we are. Some have larger impacts than others. It is a part of life." 

"Even my sacrifice was selfish." I stated. I just wanted it to be over with, the comfort of the 'nothingness' that I was supposed to be experiencing had vanished. 

I was still left facing my problems, and I had no idea what to do.

"Sacrifice must always come at a cost." She told me. "Charlotte you still have a choice. You are a goddess, you could return to them. Or stay here, with me."

"I have a mate to return to." I whispered, "Only I fear that he will no longer want me. That my return would be a curse. I am not fit to meddle with the lives of the wolves any longer."

"Perhaps." She said. "But there is a certain beauty in paying for your wrongs. If you chose to return, you could make things right. As right as they can be, now. You were caught up in your new powers, but you could choose to use them differently. To help people, to stop any more wars. You are infinitely more useful down there than you are up here with me. I do not have the option of being with them. You do. Use it wisely."

I finally turned to face her, an almost exact replica of myself. She seemed to believe in me. I was not sure that I believed in myself. 

My mother was a strong woman, in my place she would not have made the same mistake.

But I was not a goddess like her. Only half... the rest of me was werewolf. 

Staying here would mean leaving that part of me behind. Perhaps she was right, maybe I could do more good down there.

Or maybe not. Was it worth a shot? 

I knew that it could end badly. But the chance of seeing Liam again...

It was like my decision had been made for me. The white scenery faded to a dark black, and I could feel myself again. 

I was lying down, I could feel something soft beneath my fingertips, but there was a resistance to the movement and it was difficult to do anything.

Where was I?

It was pitch black wherever I was, and I could feel a great pressure pushing down on me. I did my best to stand up, feeling something solid below me that I could stand on, I kicked my shoes off. They were getting stuck below me, and were no help at all. 

It took me a moment to realise that I wasn't breathing, and that the pressure I was feeling was from water.

I was submerged... but where?