Chapter 13

It was a strange world, to have everybody know that you could see the future. 

Everywhere I walked, people avoided me. Maybe they were scared to know their future. Maybe they're right to be afraid. 

I had to wait for a good opportunity to leave, but it had to be as soon as possible or else they would kill more innocents. 

I longed to say goodbye to Liam, for all I knew I could be walking to my death. But he would stop me. It didn't matter that people would die, or even that he was still ignoring me, he'd make me stay.

And I did want to stay, I wanted to stay so badly. 

But I was being selfish. 

And so I avoided him at all costs.

It wasn't exactly hard, he was making a conscious effort to avoid me, all I had to do was stay out of his way. 

I didn't think I had to take anything with me, and so when I left the house, just a few hours after the vision, I carried nothing but the clothes on my back. 

I didn't know exactly where I was going, but I assumed that they would find me themselves when I was up north of the pack. 

It was easy to get out, the wolves of the pack avoided me like the plague. 

I walked slowly, I felt like I was walking straight to my death. 

I could feel a pitiful longing within me, wishing with all of my heart that Liam was here with me. 

But that was an impossible demand. Liam didn't seem to want anything to do with me any more. 

Perhaps this was a good thing. I was neatly taking myself out of his life. He didn't need to know why, or how. Maybe he would be happy now. He never seemed to be very happy.

I felt sad at the thought, and a small part of me believed that I could have changed that, and made him happy. But he did not like me. He felt the pull of the mate bond, and that was it.

The mate bond doesn't create love. 

The wolves running a patrol let me pass freely. I wasn't officially their luna, but they did not know that myself and Liam will never mate, they don't know that I will never be a luna. 

I could feel it as soon as I left the pack territory, a strange coldness seeped its way across my skin. I wasn't home any more. 

I kept walking in a straight line until I was stopped.

In front of me I saw two well-built wolves, in their human forms. They were both near-identical, the same shade of blonde hair, same height, same features. I would guess they were brothers. 

"Kayla was right. She came right away." One of them said, staring at me in a way that made me uncomfortable. 

Kayla?

I felt my blood run cold, Kayla had something to do with this?

The two wolves came closer to me, and each grabbed an arm, keeping me in between them. 

"Ow." I said, as my foot caught on something on the ground. I tripped forwards, but they caught me and hoisted me back up.

"Sorry." One of them mumbled. 

We hadn't walked far before a familiar face showed up in front of us.

Dressed in fresh, clean, clothes, Kayla stood in front of us with an expression akin to regret.

"You can let her go. I can handle her from here." She said. 

I wasn't sure exactly what authority Kayla had over the two wolves, but they dropped my arms immediately and walked off in the opposite direction.