Prologue

(Elise Ebonie Young in the mm. Aaliyahjay the beauty blogger is her character)

I was driving home from the airport from my business trip in Los Angeles, California. For a few months I have been trying to get my business to be nationwide. I am 22 years old and living the dream I always wanted.... Partially.

The passion to learn and absorb knowledge has always been within me. I graduated high school at the age of 16 and at the top of my class, where I got a full scholarship to the University of Princeton where I got a degree in business and fashion. That's where I met my husband; I met him my sophomore year and we clicked. He was so sweet, kind, and caring towards me through college. Always willing to help me with my school work, always buying me sweet little things like teddy bears, roses, and chocolate. Vincent, my husband was like my prince charming throughout my college years.

Sadly, all of that changed when after we graduated college together and moved in together. He was recruited in the army forcefully because they needed fighters and left me pregnant. When he came back, I had a 2 month old baby to take care of, bills to pay, and a business to watch over. Vincent would just go to work, go to the bar, come home and pass out on the couch.