Chapter 29

August P.O.V.

I know lately I have not been treating Elise the way that she needs to be treated. Elise is a queen, a very strong and independent woman; however, I'm over here messing around and screwing with her feelings. She doesn't deserve that, so I'm going to try my best to prove to her that she is the one and only woman that I want.

When I heard Victoria in the room screaming and hollering for me, that's when I realized that she needed me more than anyone. That very moment is when I realized that I needed to get my shit together, not for me, but for Victoria. After I calmed down Victoria I couldn't help but admire Elise from the other side of the room. She was so focused in on her work, her curly locks were thrown into a messy bun, her glasses hung dangerously low on her nose, her oversized shirt hung off her shoulder slightly, and her leggings hugged her thighs tightly. The view of her working so hard was breath taking.

It was when she doubted my work that I took offense and of course I had to defend myself. Never in my life am i going to have someone talk down on what I do for a living. I may not be the most organized, and I may not tell you everything right then and there but I do get the work done. I focuses more on expanding her business then I did anybody else's putting me behind on my other projects.

Yes, I was probably wrong for not keeping her updated but I wanted to surprise her with it because I knew how badly she wanted to expand her business. However, now she is working with another company and i have to respect her decision. Maybe it was for the best that she went under somebody else. No more drama between her and Joanna.

Speaking of Joanna she texted me saying that she wanted to go through with an abortion instead of keep it. I am against abortions, and told her i will be over to her house shortly so that she could explain to me what the hell is going on.

"Elise? I know your still star struck from that kiss, but Ima head out and come back in the morning if that's okay with you?" I peeped my head in the door.

Elise looked at me with her beautiful grey eyes and smiled, "Yes, that's fine."

I nodded my head and walked out the hospital to make my way to Joanna dumbass to see what the hell she smoking. Getting in my car, I started her up and headed my way to Joanna's house.

Pulling up in the driveway I parked, turned off the car, and just walked into the house. The House was a huge mess, glass was scatter and shattered across the wooden floor, pictures that were once on the wall were thrown and tossed around. Her leather furniture looked like a knife sliced through it multiple times. Her 50 inch tv that was once hung on the wall was now face down on the floor.

I walked around the house in shock screaming and hollering for Joanna. I was worried for her and the baby, it seemed as if someone came here and tried to harm her. Hearing sniffles coming from the master bedroom, i walked in to see everything torn apart.

After I walked in the room, I heard he sniffling in the closet and went to the closet. There Joanna set in the corner with her clothes shredded in a pool of blood. My mouth was ajar as  I took in the scene before me. Rubbing my hand over my face, I picked up Joanna and walked out the house to my car.

I needed to take Joanna to the hospital to make sure that she was okay and hopefully the baby too. But from the looks of it, I don't think there is a baby anymore.

"What happen?" I asked casually as i drove down the road.

Joanna looked at me with teary eyes before breaking down and throwing her head in her hands. I took a deep breath and just kept driving.

"All my life all I wanted was someone to love me. To love me more than what my father loved my mother. I saw him abuse her, I saw him hit on her, toss her around like a rag doll. I knew it wasn't right, I knew that wasn't love. And that's all I wanted, was to love and be loved back August. I never meant to hurt anyone, not you, Elise, or anybody else. I'm a good person and I mean well, it's just that when i love I love hard." Joanna said.

I took a glance at her and she looked tired and beat down, "Alright, well what happen?"

She looked out the window with her bottom lip quivering, "The landowner, I wasn't paying rent because i was sleeping with him. I told him that he was the only man I was sleeping with and that I was all his. He came over today for dinner and saw my positive pregnancy test in the bathroom trash can and went haywire on me.

He tore my house apart, he beat on me, he raped me and told me I got till tomorrow night to be out the house or he was going to kill me."

A deep breath escaped my lips as I took a quick glance at her pulling up at the hospital. I got out and picked her up taking her inside the hospital. The doctors and nurses swarmed around me as they took her and started throwing questions at me. Like what happen ? When did this take place ? And why didn't I called the police.

"Listen, I don't got the time for all these questions, can y'all just check on her and make sure she okay? Damn." I yelled getting agitated.

They scurried off leaving me in the waiting area alone and frustrated. I took a deep breath and thought about how all this went down.