Chapter 56

MERRY CHRISTMAS! I hope everyone got what they wanted and enjoyed spending time with family. This is just a quick filler, so don't be mad that there isn't much action in it. By the way, that's me in the mm goofing off. Enjoy!

August P.O.V.

It was crazy how fast time has flown. Feels like just yesterday I was throwing that cane at Elise's head. The crazy thing about it is, I've always been drawn towards Elise. I don't know what it was about her, but the first time I laid eyes on her I knew something was different. Not just in the way she talked or carried herself, but she was caring and self driven. There is nothing more sexier than a hardworking woman who has a soft heart and is money hungry.

Back in the day before I met Elise I was a big hoe; I slept around like it was a job. Because back in college I had a girlfriend and I fell deeply in love with her. However, she went behind my back and began sleeping with my homeboy. My homeboy and I was tight, we were basically brothers. He knew how I felt about her but still stabbed me in the back and slept with her. A couple months after they began sleeping with each other, she ended up pregnant and tried to say it was my baby.

At first I believed her and was more than happy, but I felt a different vibe from my homeboy. Me being the caring person I am, I asked him what's up. He indirectly told me that he slept with my girlfriend and got her pregnant. Not once did he say names, just said that he was sleeping with someone girl and got her pregnant. Something clicked in my head and I calculated the last time we had sex to how long she was pregnant.

She was a whole month pregnant when the last time we had sex was two months ago. I was beyond hurt and didn't want to believe that my homeboy would do something like that. One night she was over at my dorm thinking about baby names and I blurted out the question. All she did was tell me how much she loved me, but not once answered the question. Right then and there I had my answer, but I wanted to ask my homeboy too. So the next night at a party i asked him and he came cleaned. He told me from start to end.

I was furious and it took me a long time to forgive them for what they did. When it comes to relationships I take them really seriously and they played me like a joke. How could my best friend sleep around with my girlfriend and not feel guilty about it? How could my girlfriend of 3 years sleep with my best friend and not feel guilty? That there showed me that my boy was never really down for me and my girl never truly loved me.

After all that went down I shut out every female because I thought they all were the same. I just slept with them and kept it moving because I didn't have time to stay and get attached. However, Elise came and slowly broke down my walls. Elise might not know it, but she was in such a vulnerable state when she first met me. I still remember the time she came to the hotel and caught my assistant and I fucking. The way she reacted let me know then that she was hurt before.

Sadly, I slipped up a couple times with Elise in the beginning and we both had to pay for the consequences. I didn't intentionally want to cause that kind of pain towards her. But you learn from your mistakes and I learned from mines. It was when Elise stuck by my side through everything I put her through that I knew she was the one for me. Yes she left once, but that was because she was hurt in the past and didn't want to be hurt again.

However, proposing to Elise this early was never my plan but things change. I had my family come over so that they can experience it with us. Plus, they never met Elise and it was time they met the girl that I was taken interest in. My mother fell in love with her as soon as she laid eyes on her. Travis loved her after she cooked a big dinner and had everyone's favorite dish. My nieces loved her after she played tea party with them. I knew that if my family loved her, that she was the right one for me.

Who would of thought that I would be having a child next month and will be getting married within a couple years? Never in my life did I think that I would love and want to build with another woman. However, Elise showed my different. She showed me that not every female is the same and out to get you. Every female is not out here to hurt you and see you down. Some females are actually genuine and want the best for you. Elise taught me all of that, and because of that I could never thank her enough.

The love I have for Elise is so strong that it's like a person on life support; you pull the plug you die. I don't know if I could ever live without Elise, Victoria, and our two baby boys. I've grown so attached to them, that I wouldn't be able to experience life to the fullest without them. Victoria is like the daughter that I have always wanted and I know my two little babies will be the sons that I've always wanted. And Elise is going to be the wife that I have always dreamed of.

I see a bright future for Elise and I, we just gotta keep our heads held up and believe we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. Elise ain't going no where and I damn sure ain't going no where. We gonna be together, we gonna love each other, and we gonna build our kingdom together.