Chapter 31

Elise P.O.V.

I woke up to the sun beaming down on my face. A yawn escaped from my lips as I stretched out and felt nothing beside me. Sitting up, I looked around for August only to hear the shower running. I got up out the bed, and made it neatly before walking to the bathroom.

August had just gotten out the shower and had a towel wrapped around his dripping wet body. I bit my lip as I took in his appearance. He was truly a masterpiece.

"Good morning baby. How you feeling?" August asked me placing a kiss on my forehead.

I smiled up at him, "Good morning babe, I'm good. Just wanna shower but have nothing to wear once I get out."

"I got some clothes for you." He said, "The mother to my three nieces always stop by to visits and she always manages to leave her clothes behind. You can borrow hers for the time being."

I nodded my head, and hopped into the shower my mind wondering off. Washing my body I began to think about how I know nothing about August but he knew everything about me. He has nieces that I knew nothing about, meaning he also has a brother. How come he never mentioned this before? I know most of our conversations consist of us arguing, but yesterday during dinner it could of been mentioned.

Getting out the shower, I looked at the clothes August laid out for me. It was a sports bra, boy short underwear, grey joggers, and a tight fitted t shirt that said "OBEY" in black bold letters. I put on the clothes, the joggers hanging low on my hips because they were slightly too big for me.

Once I was dress, I threw on my UGGs and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked a hot mess. Throwing my hair into a messy bun, August and I got in his car and drove back down to the hospital.

It was 10:30 in the morning and I was hoping that Victoria was awake so that I can talk to her. I wanted to hold her, kiss on her, and just never let her go. As we were in the car I decided to ask August a couple questions.

"So you have nieces?" I questioned, "What are their names?"

"Yea, Amayila, Kayden, and Chaylen." He answered, "I use to take care of them a couple years ago but once I had my own company I got too busy. So they had to move back in with their mom. I visit them and they come to visit me too."

I nodded my head, "So how many brothers you got?"

"I got three brothers and one sister." August said.

"What are their names?"

"Melvin, Travis, Jamal and Netia." He said shortly.

I knew he was getting aggravated, but I was intrigued by how he was responding to my questions. It seems as if he was a bit antsy and anxious and wanted to get out the car.

"What do they all do for a living?" I was again questioned.

"Travis is in California, he is a main dancer for Trey Songz, Netia owns her own Nail Salon in New York, and Jamal is a basketball player overseas." He answer, clenching and unclenching his jaw.

August didn't say anything about Melvin, which made me wondered. Did he have a problem with his brother? Was his brother alive? Was his brother dead? What made him not mention his brother?

"What about Melvin?" I asked softly looking deep into his eyes.

They held sadness, and I can tell this topic and this particular person made him uncomfortable. I didn't want to push the topic, but at the same time I really wanted to know. However, looking into his eyes and seeing how they glossed up made me reconsidered.

I shook my head, "Never mind, you don't have to tell me."

"Nah, you good baby." He said before his voice cracked, "Um. My brother is dead."

I opened my mouth to say something, but I couldn't form words.

"I wasn't always this successful CEO and owner of my own business Elise. I have secrets, and memories I want to keep behind me. But it's my past that made and shaped me into the person I am today.

"I'm not a bad person, but back in the day I was young and I was naive. Times were tough and at that moment I wasn't living with my mom. Her and I kept butting heads and my brother Melvin took me under him like a father. He had three daughters and he had to take care of them and provide for them some how.

"He started dealing and selling drugs and I followed behind him. We were known all over New Orleans for selling. Soon we started taking other people's people who bought from them and they didn't like that. They shot my brother attempting to shoot me. Melvin jumped in front of the bullet for me, to save my life. And before he took his final breath, he made me promise to get out the streets. And that's what I did." A tear slid down his cheek.

Tears were begging to roll down my face as I listened to August talk about his brother. It was heart touching what his brother did for him.

I took my hand and placed it over his squeezing his. His story spoke volumes and I feel like it should be heard. More people should hear stuff like this, it's truly inspiring and motivational. Stories like this would get men and probably even some women out the street.

"You didn't have to tell me all that August." I said softly.

August squeezed my hand back, "But I had to."

We pulled up at the hospital where we got out and intertwined our hands together. We were going to face our issues together, whatever Joanna had going on. We were facing it together. Whatever Victoria had going on, we were facing that together too.