Chapter 16

A/N: I JUST WANTED TO APOLOGIZE FOR THR LONG WAIT, I HAVE BEEN EXREMELY BUSY. BUT I DO WANT TO THANK ALL OF YALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT, THE FEEDBACK AND THE CUTE INBOX MESSAGES. THEY SERIOUSLY MAKE MY DAY. NOT EDITED, SO EXCUSE ALL MISTAKES AND ERRORS. BUT YEA, ANOTHER UPDATE COMING IN 2 WEEKS.

August's P.O.V.

I had been in New Orleans for a about a week now and I have experienced nothing but happiness. My nieces were nothing but adorable, my mom still cooking those old school meals that I miss when I'm back in Atlanta and I miss my brothers too.

"So ya' haven't hit up Joanna in roughly a week huh?" Travis asked.

"Yea man, Elise just making me see things in a different light now. Like, I use to fuck all my employees and workers, nigga ya know what I been about. But after she told me that it was unprofessional, it made me realize that it actually was." I replied.

He nodded his head, "And Queen? How she think of Elise?"

I bit my bottom lip thinking, "I ain't tell Queen about Elise just yet, I don't know how to tell her that I'm talking to somebody. Ya know she be getting attached when ya put the dick in her."

Travis let out a loud laughed, "I know man, I know. And the fact that she blind too, does it make things difficult between y'all?"

"Nahh, if anything, it makes things so interesting between us. Like her car, that shit is dope." I smiled, thinking about Elise, "Her car is voice command, all she gotta do is say the address and it drives for her."

"Dammnnnn. She gotta be making money if she gotta voice command car." He stated.

"She does, she got her own business just like me." I states proudly.

My mom interrupted walking in, "Y'all talkin' bout a girl?"

I laughed as I got up from the couch and hugged my mom before heading to my room. This pass week Elise hasn't called me or text me; I was seriously expecting one or the other this week. Deciding to call her, I dialed her number and it led to an automatic voicemail box. Scrunching up my face in confusion, I looked at my phone and laid it back on the nightstand.

"So who the girl?" Kay Kay asked flopping on my bed.

I looked at her and laughed, "Its nothing serious right now."

She looked at me with her big eyes, "Right now? Define right now?"

"We working on it." I explained, "We taking things slow, we want the ending for us both to be beautiful. Plus, both of us are at a high point in our career."

"I'm 6, not freaking 20. What does all that mean?" She huffed.

"That we arent ready to be together right now." I explained.

She nodded her head and laid on my bed. Kay Kay looked up at the ceiling and slowly closed her eyes humming. Her voice has always been so melodic, sometimes I wish she would go into the music business when she gets older but she wants to be a doctor.

"Invite her over." Kay Kay stated randomly.

I looked over at her confused, "Invite who?"

She shrugged, "I don't know her name, but we are having a barbeque and I wanna meet her."

I sighed and rubbed my hand down my face, "I'll think about it."

Kay Kay once again nodded her head and began to hum the same beat she was before. The song seemed sad and longing. However, I began to think about this barbeque we are having next month. Would Elise even wanna come? I know she won't leave her daughter alone, she is too young and because of what happened just roughly a week ago.

I care about Elise, I really do see her in my future but I don't necessarily know how she feel about me. In the past a nigga been real rude to her, I threw shit at her, kicked her out my pent house, and a bunch more other shit. Thinking about what I did to her in the past, really put a nigga in his feelings. I want to make up what I did to her in the past, I want to make her so happy that she doesn't know what to do or how to feel.

Hearing Kay Kay's soft snores,I got out of bed and grabbed my phone off the nightstand. Scrolling through my contacts I found Joanna and called her number. I haven't called her outside of work in so long.

"I knew you would come to your senses and call me." Joanna answered the phone.

I rolled my eyes, "Nah ma, I called you so that you can call the Atlanta Hospital and set an appointment up for me."

She began to stutter, "I uh.. I uh. I'm sorry.. Uh. Yes boss."

"Thank you. Set it for next Thursday at 12:00, my lunch break."

"Yes sir." Joanna said lowly.

I hung up the phone and scrolled through my phone and found Elise's number. Clicking her name, I dialed her number and as soon as it went to voicemail she answered.

"Hello?" She answered.

I instantly started smiling, "Hey baybeh, how ya doing?"

Elise sighed, "I could be doing better, how is New OrleawidelyI instantly began to worry, "What's wrong?"

She was quiet for a moment, "Nothing. Anyways. When do you think your coming back?"

"This Friday. Why ? Ya' missing a nigga?" I smirked.

Elise laughed, "Nope. I'm working and taking care of my baby. Did even think about you."

"Now ya'' trying to hurt a nigga feelings?" I smiled widely.

"Mhm."She laughed some more.

We talked on the phone for probably an hour before she had to go. A sigh escaped my lips as I thought about our conversation. She really makinh a nigga whip. I know one thing though, I was going to get her back her eye sight. After everything she been through with a nigga, she deserves to be able to see. Not for me, but for herself and her daughter. I know she will greatly appreciate it, and I just wanna give her that. From the bottom of my heart I wanna give her what she deserve.