Chapter 39

Elise P.O.V.

The vehicle swerved a little and stopped as it began to pour down rain. Tears streamed down my face as I began to run before I heard his voice.

"Elise what the hell you doing?" August scolded at me getting out the car.

I ran into his arms and cried. Wrapping my arms and legs around him I poured my eyes out about what I heard on the phone. August didn't say a word as he took me into his car and wrapped his jacket around me.

"You okay baby?" August looked at me.

I was in shocked, I just overheard my best friend's boyfriend say that he was using her to get to me. Him and some other people wanting revenge, but I had no clue why. All I remember is that something was suppose to go down tonight at midnight. Suddenly, I looked at the clock and it read 11:49.

"GET ME TO THE HOUSE NOW!" I screamed as I slammed my fist into the window breaking it.

I felt like I was about to lose my mind, but if something happen to my daughter I was going to lose all sanity. August didn't say a word as he sped to my house taking glances at me. I saw the look in his eyes that he was worried about me, but I also knew he didn't want to ask.

"Do you have a gun?" I asked.

August looked at me and shook his head, "Oh hell nah, you gonna have to give me some answers before I give you a fucking gun. What the hell is going on?"

I looked at him and tears raced down my face as I began to sob, "I went to the club with Monica tonight and she let me meet this guy she likes. However, I overheard him saying that he was using her to get to me. And something bad is going to happen tonight. And nothing is going to happen to my baby! I need to get Home to my baby August."

By now I was full on sobbing with snot running down my nose. I couldn't lose my baby, she was a part of me. However, something told me that tonight something big was going to happen and someone was going to die.

"Baby chill, alright Ima get you Home and we gonna talk about this and call the police." August said.

We pulled up into my driveway and I jumped out the car before it was fully stopped. August called out to me as I ran into the house to see all the lights out. Slowly walking into the house I screamed for Debra but I didn't get any response. Using my phone's flashlight I made my way up the stairs into Victoria's room and the sight made me gasp.

Debra was hanging upside down from the ceiling by a rope. There were cuts and bruises placed all over her body and a deep cut right on her neck where she bled to death. I walked into the room and took her down with shakey hands. Her eyes were wide open and I closed them as I laid over here crying. She was such a peaceful person and didn't deserve to die like this.

August walked in fussing, "Why the hell your lights ain't turning on, you forgot to pay the bill?"

I looked out the window as lightning cracked across the sky, "She cut the power."

"Who the hell is... WHAT THE FUCK IS A DEAD LADY DOING ON YOUR FLOOR?" He hollered

"This is what I was trying to tell you August." I looked at him with watery eyes. "I need to get my daughter so we can leave."

As soon as I said that I heard Victoria's piercing scream down the hall. I ran down the hall with August not to far behind me. Running into my room the scene before me made me buckled to ground. I screamed in rage and fear as I saw my daughter tied up to a chair with bruises and cuts all over her. But what made this worst that it was her own grand father that was beating on her. And beside him my mother was looking and not stopping it from happening.

Before I could walk over there and stop it, August grabbed me by my arm and pointed into the closet. And sure enough Joanna ass walked out the closet smirking. She laughed as she looked at Victoria's vulnerability and then looked at me.

Joanna pulled out a gun, "It didn't have to be this way Elise if you would of just listen to your parents. Hell, listen to me."

I looked at her and said nothing.

"I didn't want to kill the poor old lady, but she knew too much and wanted to call the police. Now I can't have the police involved can I? It would ruin everything." She said.

"What do you want?" I sneered.

Joanna smirked, "You know WHO I want Elise, don't play dumb bitch."

My father walked over to Victoria and slapped her causing her to cry out in pain. I bit my lip and balled up my fist to keep from lashing out on him.

"You want August? Have him! Just don't hurt Victoria anymore!" I said.

August began to walked towards Joanna.

She raised her hand, "Dont walk towards me now August. Dont try to come now that your precious little angel is in danger."

Joanna raised the gun and pointed it at Victoria's head as she cried and screamed. My father stood beside her waiting on commands to hit his own grand child. While my mother stood off in the corner like a statue watching everything about to unfold. I stood at the doorway thinking of how do I get myself out of this situation. With August just a few steps in front of me.

"You see even if you do leave Elise for me, this sickening child of hers and you have a special connection. Meaning you'll always be her life and Elise's. And I can't have that happen. So with that being said." Joanna pointed the gun at Victoria's head and pulled the trigger.

Everything happened in slow motion. My mother screamed and dropped down to the floor, my father covered his mouth. Victoria's chair fell backwards as she bumped her head in the floor and blood pooled around her. A piercing scream left my mouth as lightning cracked and every ounce of sanity I had left.