Chapter 30

**MATURE CONTENT**

Elise P.O.V.

Victoria has just gotten out of surgery and was resting in her bed sound asleep. I looked at her with a smile on my face. My baby was a trooper, and I was more than proud of her. My mother and father came and were sitting on the love seat while I sat on the recliner finishing up the touches on my company.

"Baby, you look tired. Go home and get some rest and come back in the morning." My dad spoke.

I looked at him and looked away. I have not fully forgiven them for the pain they have caused me in the past. Hell, I didn't even want them in the same room as me, but I know Victoria is their Grand child and I wouldn't dare keep her away from them.

I shook my head, "No, I'm fine."

"Baby girl, I know we had our difference but I need you to honestly go home and get some rest." My mom said calmly, "You are tired, not only physically but mentally. Come back in the morning and you can stay with her all day."

I looked at her and nodded my head. Getting up, I packed away my laptop and paperwork and grabbed my bag. Saying my good byes, I kissed my daughter on her forehead and whispered "I love you" and headed out the door.

Walking down the hallway to the waiting area I saw August sitting there on his phone. I walked over to him and smiled. Yes, August and I had our differences but something just attracts me to him.

"What are you doing here? It's a little pass midnight." I took a seat beside him.

August looked at me and smiled weakly, "Joanna was attacked in her own home and I took her to the hospital to make sure everything was good with her and the baby."

I nodded my head quietly, and I got up to leave. I love August, I'm not even going to lie. Something about him just attracts me towards him, makes me want to hug him, kiss him, and be around him. Honestly, I don't know what it is about him that makes me want to keep him in my life.

"Elise come here baby." August got up and grabbed me by my elbow.

I began to cry, I was stressed and overwhelmed.

"What August?" I looked at him with tears streaming down my face.

August took a moment to look at my hurt facial expression, "Baby girl why you crying?" He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Because I love you August, I haven't felt this way about anybody in years and it honestly scares me. And I'm hurt because the man I love got another woman pregnant. And while I'm dealing with this, I also have to deal with my daughter who just had surgery." I broke down in front of him.

He pulled me into a warmed embrace and I just cried onto his chest. I was stressed and overwhelmed about everything, and at this moment I did not care that he knew I loved him.

"You know I love you too little momma?" He lifted my face up to look him in his eyes, "Everything about you is so perfect that it honestly scares me. How can such a beautiful woman like you be so successful, independent, and full of love?"

I looked away from him.

"Come on, we gonna go to my house and we can talk."August suggested.

I scrunched up my eyebrows, "What about Joanna?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "She ain't my woman, you are."

August grabbed my stuffed and walked with me towards his car and we got in. He drove to his house which was about 20 minutes away from town. Once we got to his house I looked out the car window in awe at his house. It was so breathtaking.