Chapter 23

My prom pictures in the mm!! Just want to make a short apology for not updating all month. I've been super busy with getting ready for prom and cheer try outs. Luckily try outs are over and I'm back on the squad again for the next season. With everything being out the way now, I'll be able to update more daily.

August P.O.V.

Its been a while since I spoke to Elise, I've been texting and calling and it led straight to voicemail, and its starting to worry me. Today on my lunch break I was going to stop by her house, and see if she was there to talk about what happened at the conference.

"Joanna where have you been this morning? Its 11:45! Its basically afternoon, you were suppose to be here at 9:00 this morning." I argued with her.

Before she could even say something, she look me up at me with fire red, glossy, watery eyes. My face scrunched up in confusion, as she fell to the ground and broke down and cried. All you heard was her screams of pain and sadness, and all you saw was her on the floor and me looking down at her in confusion.

Crouching down to her level, I wrapped my arm around her and asked, "What's wrong Joanna?"

She looked up at me with pleading eyes, "I don't know how to say it."

"Well, just be blunt and just say it. I can take it." I rubbed her back.

"I'm.. I'm.. I'm preg-" Joanna started.

"FUCK NO!!" I yelled getting up from her, "No the hell you not."

"Yes I am, I am pregnant August." She started crying even harder.

I stood leaning on my desk while I watched her from afar crying her heart out in front of me. Mad wasn't even close, my blood was boiling and I was pissed off. Wiping my hand over my face, I let out a sigh as I began to think about the shit she just put me in.

"Whose the father?" I asked quietly.

She looked up at me with teary eyes, "You."

"Fuck." I swore, "Are you sure its mine?"

"Yes, your the only guy that went in raw." Joanna sniffled.

I twitched my mouth, "That doesn't mean shit Joanna, condoms break bitch."

"Don't yell at me August." She got up off the floor, "I know its yours cause I forgot to take my birth control the next day."

I looked up at the clock and saw that it was rounding 12:00 and that's my lunch break, I needed to clear my head. Looking back at Joanna, I couldn't even look at her the same, knowing that she probably did and caused this to herself.

"Pack your shit, your fired." I sneered, walking pass her.

Walking out the building, I got in my new chromed Benz and drove off to Elise's house. While I was on my way to her house, I kept calling in hopes that maybe she would answer the phone. However, not once did she answer or someone else answer for her.

Arriving at her house, I saw an unfamiliar car in the driveway. I got out my car, locked it, and headed to the door. Before I could knock on the door, some lady opened the door and glared at me.

"You looking for Elise?" She asked.

"Hello, good afternoon ma'am. I'm August." I stretched out my hand for her to shake.

She look down at my hand and then back at me, "I'm Elise's mother."

"Oh, okay. We'll to answer your question I am looking for Elise. She hasn't been returning my calls or text and I am beginning to worry." I looked at her hoping she would give me answers.