Chapter 44

Victoria in the mm.

Elise P.O.V.

"I think it's best for you to just not give blood." The doctor smiled at me.

I frowned at him, "But what about my daughter, she needs it."

"I understand." He nodded, "However, your pregnant and can't donate your blood. August only suffered a stabbed wound and by tomorrow he should of build enough blood cells for us to give to Victoria."

Tears threatened to fall, "She isn't going to die tonight is she?"

"Of course not. We stitched her up and she is building back her blood cells too; however, she just lost so much. August will just be helping her rebuild her blood cells."

I nodded my head.

"Right now, what I need you to do is go to the OB/GYN downtown and get your little one checked on. Just to make sure everything is fine with not only you, but with your little one too." He instructed.

"I'm not leaving my daughter." I said.

He put his hand on my shoulder, "I know you don't want to leave your daughter, no mother would ever want to leave their child in such a condition. However, she is being well taken care of, now it's time you take care of yourself. Your not only risking yourself, but your risking the baby too."

He had a good point and I knew it was best that I did go to the doctor. I couldn't be selfish anymore and stay, I had to get my baby checked out. A sigh escaped my lips as I nodded at him.

"I will request your appointment with the obstetrician so when you get there you're already set." He smiled as he walked away.

I rubbed my hand over my face and let out a deep sigh. Getting up from the chair, I walked into my daughters room to see her sleeping peacefully. A smile spread across my face as I walked over to her and kissed her on the forehead. She was purple and blue and a tear slid down my face as I thought about how I caused this.

Wiping my face, I whispered I love you in her ear and walked out the hospital to the clinic. I didn't want to go to the clinic, but I knew it was for the best.

Arriving at the clinic, I parked and walked inside. I was met by the receptionist and she gave me a warm smile.

"Hello, I'm Yadit, who are you here to see?" She smiled at me.

"Uhm, I was at the hospital and the doctor set an appointment for me with an obstetrician." I told her.

Yadit smiled and nodded her head, "What is your name?"

"Elise Young." I said.

She scrolled through the computer, "Yes! You have an appointment with Doctor Queen, I will let her know that your here and waiting on here."

"Thank you." I smiled.

"No problem." She cheesed.

Walking away from the front desk, I took a seat and waited to be called to the back. Women were scattered across the waiting room, some where pregnant and some weren't. Some were even with their mom and some were with their boyfriends. A smile placed on my face as I rubbed my non-showing stomach.

"Young." A feminine voice called out.

I walked over to her and took in her appearance. She was wearing a black skin tight dress that stopped right above the knee. A white lab coat that was unbutton, with her notebook in one pocket and the Stethoscope around her neck. Her hair was pinned into a low bun and she had on a pair of black heels.

"Hello I'm Doctor Queen, please follow me." She smiled at me.

I smiled back as I followed her to the back to a vacant room. 

"Alright, so the first thing we are going to do is check your weight, height, blood pressure, and all that basic stuff. Then we are going to check your blood, place an order for your pregnancy vitamins, and after that we are going to do an ultrasound so we can see how far along you are." She smiled at me.

"How'd you know i was pregnant?" I laughed.

She giggled, "Because the Doctor from the hospital told me you were pregnant and needed a check up."

I nodded my head, and then the nurse came in to take me to check my weight, height and all that other stuff. Doctor Queen stayed in the room and read over my file while I was gone. When I came back I already had my weight, height, blood pressure, and blood sugar check. A nurse came back there to draw my blood and check it.

"Alright. You got everything handled?" Doctor Queen asked me.

I nodded my head, "Yes ma'am."

She gestured me to follow her and I followed her to the way back where all the equipment was at. When I walked into the dimly lit room I laid on the bed and waited for her to put the gel on my belly. This wasn't the first ultrasound I had.

Doctor Queen took a seat beside me and had clear gel to place on my stomach. Once she lifted up my shirt to expose my belly, she placed a white towel over my hips. She got the clear gel and squirted a good portion onto my stomach. Looking onto the screen I saw my uterus and the little peanut in the middle of it. I smiled big as I took in my little seed that was growing in me.

"It seems like your baby is growing just fine and is very healthy. However, your stress levels are really high and Ima need you to relax. Being too stress can harm you and the baby." Doctor Queen informed me.

I nodded my head and told her thank you as she wiped the gel off my belly with the towel and pulled my shirt down. She escorted me through the clinic and gave me her final farewell before she called for her next client. Walking over to my car my phone vibrates and I answered it.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hello, this is officer Gee again and I need you to report down to the station right now." He commanded.