Chapter 21

IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE FOR ALL READERS!!! Okay, so i know I told y'all that this new year beginning that I would start updating more often. Well, I am deeply sorry for not keeping my promise. However, my views and votes on my book have declined, and I know part of that comes from not having regular updates. But my goal before I update is 100 votes, and 1K views on each chapter. Because the more people who read my book, the more motivated I am. And I haven't truly been motivated, and I'm sorry. So 100 votes and 1K views per CHAPTER and I'll keep this book running.

Elise P.O.V.

My heels clacked against the marble floor as I made my way to my office on a beautiful Monday morning. I was wearing a red bodycon dress that was trimmed in black with my red bottom heels. My hair was in a high bun with a diamond clip in the front.

I sat in my desk and turned my monitor on as I thought about everything that happened last week. August and I have been arguing all last week after we found out that all I need it a surgery to get my sight back. Since we've been arguing so much, we are very distant from each other. However, today I have an appointment with him and his assistant to discuss my expansion.

In addition to arguing with August, I have been arguing with Monica too, if not more. I know everything she say is out of love and concern; however, she is not my mother. I am grown, and since I am grown I am allowed to do what ever I please. If I want to talk to the person I am doing professional business with, then I'm going to do it. We are in our early twenties, we should be able to know when to play and when to be serious.

As the clock struck twelve, Winston, Karoline and I walked our way to the conference room where August and his assistant should be waiting for us. Winston opened the door for Karoline and I, and once we took our seats I heard August discussing business with his assistant.

"Good afternoon Miss Young, and who are these people who are with you today?" August greeted.

"I'm Karoline and this is Winston." Karoline introduced herself and Winston.

"Nice to meet y'all finally, and this is my assistant Joanna. She will be taking notes of everything that is important, and will be voice recording this meeting if that is okay with y'all?" August asked.

"Why would she need to record it?" Karoline questioned, she is very overprotective of the business and always get down to business.

"Just in case she forgets to right down something important, she has it recorded." August stated calmly.

A small "mmm" left Karoline's lip as I heard her take out her pen and note pad out of the side of her blazer. Winston, who was on the other side of me had his laptop out and was looking at landscaping for putting my business on.

"First I have a few questions and concerns." Joanna said politely.

"What are they?" I asked.

"Okay, first I looked at your records of your business and your already nation wide. You have your own shopping website, you have a few stores out in California, New York, and here in Atlanta, and lastly you have a corporate here in Atlanta. I don't understand why you need to expand when you are already expanded." Joanna spoke.

"Well I want to expand my business a little bit more because I look at the reviews from the website from where people have bought something and they always wish they had a store nearby them. So I am just trying to please my customers." I said with a smile.

"Mhm, however I'm afraid you're not ready based on the information I have, the information you have given me, and your disability." She spoke harshly.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned sharply.

"Oh Miss Young, don't take offense, however, you cannot see so how can Mr.Alsina and I put our name and sign the contract for you to expand if you can't even keep an eye on what you got going on now?" She said smartly.

"What do you mean?" I sneered, taking offense.

"Well I looked over your professional reports over the past year and it seems like you have not been making any progress. Your ratings have went from 5 stars to 3 stars, and personally and professionally I don't want my name or Mr.Alsina's name on anything that is just going to go down in a couple years. It's a waste of money." She stated.

Before I could say anything Karoline beat me to it, "Well personally and professionally Miss Young, Winston, and I don't want our name on anything with a girl who goes down on her boss."

Winston busted out laughing, August choked on air, I gasped with my mouth ajar, and Joanna stayed silent.

"I mean, if we are talking about business,  our business isn't the only thing going down Joanna." Karoline sneered, "So before you try to come for my job and the business you know nothing about, I suggest you shut your mouth."

"Karoline stop it." I whispered harshly at her.

"No ma'am, I think she needs to know who she is messing with. Elise is in her early twenties, and not only does she have her bachelors degree, but she also has her masters degrees in business. Not only have our ratings went down, but we have also expanded. So when you expand, your ratings are going to waver cause now you have a more variety of people with different taste. We aren't in the box of Atlanta anymore, we are in bigger places and making bigger things. And frankly, I don't think we need your help anymore we can find someone else. This meeting is over." Karoline sneered, putting away her pencil and paper, and almost jacked me out my seat before we rushed out the conference room.

Once we made it back to my office, I let Karoline have it. "What the hell was that Karoline?" I shrieked.

"Me sticking up for your business, that you have worked so hard for, and I'm not gonna let August's bootycall and bootleg of an assistant tear it down. We'll find someone else, we don't need their raggedy asses." Karoline sneered.

"You didn't have to go there, that was totally unprofessional." I sighed.

"What she said was uncalled for and I don't take anything I said back. The only reason why we went to them was because the company that helped us expand last time closed down. But it's okay, I'll find someone else tonight and let you know tomorrow morning." Karoline stated before walking out.

"THATS WHY SHE MY BITCH!" Winston squealed, stomping his feet on the ground.

I harshly stated, "Shut your ass up and get back to work. I got a lot of work to do right now."

"Alright boss, what you want me to do?" He asked politely.

"Uhm." I said thinking, " Check my emails, file some paperwork, look through the reviews. And later after your done with that look at landscaping  in North Carolina, I plan on expanding there next."

He said a quiet okay, took files off my desk and headed out my door to his office. I got on my computer and was looking through my emails and went to personal. I don't let my assistant or secretary go through that file. Once I was in it, my computer voiced that I had a message from Joanna. I clicked and told the computer to print out what it was in brail.

Once it was printed out, I felt the paper work and it felt like a picture. Karoline walked into my office asking what I wanted for lunch.

"Karoline what is this?" I asked her showing the picture.

"Holy shit. That's Joanna riding August's dick." Karoline yelled.

The paper dropped from my hands as my mouth fell open in shock. I felt my heart leave my body as I collapsed to the floor.

100 Votes
1K Views