Chapter 18

(Elise's outfit in the mm.)

Elise P.O.V.

I walked around my bedroom frantically as I called Monica's phone for the seventh time this morning. Monica wanted me to keep her updated on Victoria but she cant seem to answer her phone. Rolling my eyes as soon as her phone went to voicemail, I sighed as I tried to calm my breathing. As soon as I was finally relaxed my phone went off telling me who was calling, it was August.

"August?" I questioned as soon as I answered.

His accent was heard, "Wassup ma', what ya' got plan for today?"

"Nothing really." I stated, "I was actually trying to get my friend Monica on the phone so that we could do something today for Victoria."

He cleared his throat, "Oh word? Well remember I told ya' when I was in New Orleans that I had wanted to take ya' somewhere today at 12:00? Ya' think ya' will be free around that time?"

I nodded my head as if he could hear me, "Yea, I'll be free. Where are we going?"

"The hospital." August bluntly said.

I was taken back by what he said, "Wait.. You want to take me to the hospital? For what?"

He chuckled, "I don't think ya' crazy baybeh, don't worry, but ya' got to wait and see. And maybe when I'm taking ya' back ya' can grab Victoria and we can go out to eat."

"Victoria really wants to watch Finding Dory in 3D at the movies, you can take us there afterwards." I smiled thinking about how happy Victoria will be.

"How ya' gonna watch it ma'?" August questioned.

"I'm blind, not deaf. I use my imagination, which is actually way better than watching the movie." I smirked.

"Yea. Yea. I gotchu baybeh, Ill be at ya' house at 11:45." He chuckled.

"Okay, Ill be ready. Bye." I smiled.

"Bye baybeh." He said before I hung up.

I sat my phone down as I sat on the edge of my bed thinking about why August would want to take me to the hospital. I just came home from the hospital last night and Victoria is sleeping blissfully in her bedroom. The sound of footsteps coming up the stairs broke me from my train of thought as I grab my fan that was right beside me and detached the pole and got ready to swing at who was entering my house unannounced. My door creaked open and I swung as soon as I heard the first step walk into my room.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!" Monica yelled out in agony.

Dropping the pole immediately, I dropped to my knees and patted the floor to get beside her, "I'm so sorry Monica, I didn't know it was you."

She shrieked, "Gahdammit Elise, I think you broke my fucking knee. Holy shit, I see the light. For fuck sakes, don't take me Jesus, I aint ready yet."

I rested my hands on her stomach "Monica, I'm sorry I seriously didn't know it was you."

Monica began to take short breaths, "Oh fuck. So you go and slaughter my knee? Gahdammit."

"Are you mad at me?" I asked.

"I'm not." She said, "But my knee might."

I ruffled my hand through my hair, "Can you please knock the next time you want to walk into my house, you scared the living crap out of me."