Chapter 42

Elise in the mm.

Elise P.O.V.

The ambulance came shortly after that and they took my daughter out on a stretcher. August was put on a stretcher too and sent to the hospital. The rest of the medics put my father, mother, Trey, and Joanna into body bags. I sat on my front step and cried thinking about how my world turned upside down.

I didn't know who to blame in a case like this, I wanted to blame August because it was his fault for sleeping with her. Then I wanted to blame my parents because they were the ones that dragged my baby into this. Lastly, I wanted to blame myself because if I never spoke to Joanna at the cafe this would of never happened. Everyone did something that they shouldn't of done and at this point I hated everyone, even myself.

"Hello ma'am." An officer walked up to me, "I'm Officer Gee and I would like to ask you a couple questions about what took place tonight."

I nodded my head, words unable to form in my mouth.

"Can you explain to me what happened tonight?" Officer Gee asked.

A tear slid down my cheek as I closed my eyes and relived what happened tonight. It was a nightmare. "My boyfriend was sleeping with his assistant before we got too serious. She became obsess with him and willing to do anything she can to have him back. So she thought of this satanic plan, she shot my daughter in the head."

He nodded and wrote a few things down, "Well just to tell you, your daughter has a heart beat they are taking her down to the hospital now. We'll finish these questions later, right now you need to get to your daughter. She needs you right now."

I nodded my head and headed into the house to wash up a bit before heading to the hospital. It was just a couple weeks ago I was there for Victoria's surgery. Taking a quick shower, I put on some leggings, a baggy t shirt and my ugg boots. Throwing my hair into a messy bun, I got into the car and drove off. Police were still at my house gathering information and evidence from the crime scene.

Arriving at the hospital, I got out the car and jogged inside to the receptionist. She was sitting on the phone talking and gossiping about her coworkers.

"Excuse me? Can I get an update on Victoria Young." I spoke.

She looked at me and cut her eyes, holding her finger up signaling for me to wait.

"Miss..." I looked for her name tag, "Stephanie, I need an update on my daughter.

Stephanie kissed her teeth and rolled her eyes and acted as if I wasn't there. Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes and grabbed the clip board that was in front of her and slammed it down. The noise echoed across the first floor, grabbing everyone's attention. Including hers.

"What ma'am?" She sneered.

"GIVE ME A FUCKING UPDATE ON MY GOD DAMN DAUGHTER YOU BITCH." I shrieked.

Security came to see what was the commotion about and I explained how Stephanie wasn't catering to my needs. He nodded my head and took me to the 4th floor to speak to the doctor that was working on children.

"Your a pediatric doctor?" I asked desperately.

She nodded her head and smiled warmly, "Yes ma'am, what can I help you with?"

"My daughter Victoria Young was admitted here like an hour ago, and I need an update on her." I said.

"Oh baby, I'm sorry. But I don't have her files. However, if i did I would of surely given you an update on her." The doctor said.

Before I could respond to her, a doctor came up behind me.

"You must be Victoria Young's mother?" He asked.

I nodded my head biting my nails.

"I'm happy to inform you that Victoria is a live and well." He smiled, "Follow me."

I followed him as he talked.

"Victoria wasn't necessarily shot, the bully glazed over her head and gave her a big gash on the top of her head. We were able to sew it up with no problem and she'll be out of her in no time. However, she did lose a tremendous amount of blood and her body is really weak right now." He informed.

I looked at him, "Does she need my blood, I can give her my blood."

He looked at me sadly, "We pulled up your records from being here and y'all aren't a blood match. Your A positive and she is B positive. She needs blood, however she needs it from someone with a blood match."

I began thinking about everyone I know, but all my family was dead and Monica is probably still mad at me and is not gonna answer the phone. My only resort was August, however, he lost a lot of blood too.

"My boyfriend, he is here right now. But he was hurt too" I said lowly.

The doctor took me to the receptionist to pull up August's file and he was in fact B positive. I silently praised God as I knew August was more than willing to give Victoria his blood.

"Doc, August was admitted tonight due to a stab wound in the lower abdomen. He lost a lot of blood, and I'm not sure he is going to be able to donate any." The receptionist spoke.

The doctor nodded his head and looked at me, "Y'all blood type isn't a correct match however y'all have some of the same DNA. We are going to use your blood, even though y'all aren't the same type it's not gonna hurt her. The same blood type is just preferred."

I nodded my head.

"Alright, lets get you set up to get your blood drawn. We will take a tube to test it first to make sure there aren't any diseases or viruses that can harm Victoria." The doctor said.

The doctor took me to a room and I sat in a chair as he prepared me to get my blood drawn. Sticking the needle in me, he took a tube of blood and gave it to the nurse for testing. Afterwards, he gave me an IV that instead of gave me water or blood, it took it away. I was only giving him a bag.

The nurse held my tube in her hand as she called for the doctor to come out in the hallway. They exchanged a couple words before he came back in with a smile beaming on his face. I scrunched my face in confusion.

"Congratulation Elise. Your pregnant."