Chapter 50

Elise P.O.V.

I turned around to see August looking at me as he worked his jaw. He wanted to say something so badly, but he wouldn't. Standing there about a few yards apart from each other, we stared at each other. Tears welling in my eyes. Seems like lately that's all I been doing.

"Stop fucking running from me Elise." August sneered as he walked over to me.

I looked down at my feet as I played with my thumbs. I wanted to do nothing more than to jump into his arms and hug him. However, I knew I couldn't. August pushed me up against the wall and caged me in between his arms. Looking everywhere but at him, I tried to control my breathing. He grabbed my chin and made me look at him. Once he saw the hurt and pain in my eyes, he softened his face.

"Talk to me." August said, "I ain't one to beg someone to stay with me, but gahhdammit Elise. Don't you see me trying?"

"I'm just scared." I whimpered.

He questioned, "Of what baby?"

"Nothing good ever comes to me when it comes to people August. My ex husband abused me, cheat on me, my best friend was in on a psychotic plan, my own parents went against me, just whoever I get close to, hurts me." I began to cry.

August wrapped his arms around me and I did the same. Crying onto his shoulder I began to cry even harder because I knew I had to tell him I was pregnant. He was either gonna be mad, or he is gonna be happy. I'm just hoping that since we had the split up he wouldn't think it was anybody else's.

"Elise, one promise that I know I can make to you is that I ain't gonna hurt you. Not you nor Victoria. Not on purpose. I am human, and of course I make mistakes, but I'm man enough to come to you about it." He said.

I nodded my head, the only thing on my mind is how to tell him I was pregnant without getting the worst reaction. He was taking everything I said to him so well, that I didn't know if I wanted to tell him yet. Getting out of his embrace, I looked away.

"I use to be so confident August. Nothing or nobody could tell me I wasn't going to be anything in life. Couldn't tell me that I wasn't going to be successful, and have a happy little family. But damn August, after being in an abusive relationship and having him knock down every ounce of confidence I had.

"I been a fighter all my life, you might not know but I knew my father beat on my mother. She lived with him in fear, and I knew for a fact that what she had I didn't want it. I didn't want to make the same mistakes my mom did. But there I was with a man fighting for not only my life, but my daughter's life.

"You might think it's a weak move, but August I'm so tired of being hurt, lied to, and betrayed. The little bit of fight I had left, that shit is gone. So yea I ran off, I needed peace of mind from everything that had happened. It's not a normal everyday thing that your assistant that you had sex with plots a plan against you. I'm not weak August, I'm just tired."

August looked at me and stayed silent for a moment taking in every word I said. His arms were on my hips, and I was biting my finger nails. He took my hand out of my mouth and intertwined our fingers together.

"Then while your tired, let me hold you until you get your strength up. Let me carry your weight until you build up enough strength to fight again. I love you Elise, and I can't stand to loose you again." August said.

I smiled, "Okay, but I have a confession to make and I don't want you to be mad at me."

August looked at me and bit his lip, "What's up?"

"I'm pregnant." I blurted out, "It's yours though, i didn't have sex with anybody else. I promise."

August started smiling big before he picked me up and twirled me around.

"IM GONNA BE A DADDY!" He hollered.

Once he put me down I saw tears developing in his eyes. His eyes were filled with happiness, and seeing him happy made me happy.

"Elise you can't stay in Houston while you carrying my child. Whether I move here or I drag your pregnant ass back to Atlanta." He said.

I saw the seriousness in his face, "I don't know if Im ready to go back."

"I already told you that I'm here baby." August spoke, "Whatever you go through I will be right by your side. You won't go through anything alone."

I wanted to believe that when I got to Atlanta, that everything will be okay and everything will be back to normal. But I couldn't help but feel like something bad was going to happen.

"Victoria and I don't have any where stay." I tried to make an excuse.

August laughed, "You thought your ass was gonna live by yourself. Hell nah, you and Victoria living with daddy."

I smiled and laughed a little, everything was starting to get better.

"But baby, I wanna tell you something. Just know this happened when we were broken up." He said.

I gulped, "Uh. Yea, what is it?"

"I fucked a broad while I was in New York. Believe me when I say this, I have no feelings for her. I was just hurt that everything spiraled out of control and you left. Thinking that maybe if I slept with someone else, it would numb the pain of you leaving."

I was mad that he slept with someone else besides me, but I couldn't say nothing cause I dug that whole for myself. As long as she was out the picture now, that was all that mattered to me.

"It's okay August, I understand. But I think it's bout time we get back to the convention." I smiled weakly.