Chapter 28

Elise P.O.V.

I met August at the hospital entrance and told him to hurry up cause Victoria got surgery in roughly 15 minutes. Rushing to Victoria's room, as soon as Victoria spotted August she jumped out the bed and ran to him. August picked her up and swung her around embracing her into a big hug.

"I missed you." Victoria said snuggling into his chest.

August held her against him, "I missed you too baby."

She looked up in his eyes and all you saw in her eyes were the love and admiration she has for him.

"You got to go to your surgery, Ima be right here when you get back waiting on you." He looked down at her.

Victoria nodded her head and the nurse came and propped her on her bed and rolled her out. Of course August was on one side and I was on the other side. August was singing her a song as the nurse put her IV in. Telling Victoria I loved her, I kissed her at the top of her head and her eyes slowly closed.

August and I stood side by side as we watch the nurse roll her into the surgery room. I wanted to break down and cry, my baby was too young to be going through something like this. Sighing, I turned around and began to walk into Victoria's room.

After I settled down in Victoria's room, I decided I was going to check some emails and get some work done to by pass some time. Looking up, I noticed that August was leaned against the door.

"Get some new eyes and don't know how to act." August looked at me.

I rolled my 'new eyes', "What are you talking about ?"

He began to walk towards me, "You know exactly what I'm talking about."

I blew him off and logged into my MacBook and began to check emails. August was honestly smoking something and I did not have time to deal with this. Checking Karoline's email she told me that we finally got approved for expanding and in two weeks we have to go to Houston, Texas to go check out our store Elise Ebony that is being build there. In addition to reading her email, I opened Winston's email and he emailed me reports on feedback, ratings, and our blue print for Elise Ebony that is being opened in Houston, Texas.

Our feedback was 95% positive and 5% negative, our ratings have gone up tremendously. And the only person I can thank for this is God himself. I emailed Karoline back telling her that I might not be able to make the grand opening in two weeks because of my daughter's surgery. And following that, I emailed Winston telling him thank you.

Closing my laptop I began to smile hard because as of right now Elise Ebony is being build and in two weeks is the grand opening.

"Guess you got some news." August looked at me.

Nodding my head, "Yea, Elise Ebony had now stretched to Houston, Texas and is being built this very moment."

"I could of did that for you." He stood up.

"You're a joke, all you did was play with my feelings." I put my laptop down and got up, "You did nothing for me."

"I didn't do anything for you?" August approached me, "So I didn't have you confirmed to have your business Elise Ebony built in 3 major cities in 3 different states for the price of 1?"

I backed up cause he was getting a little too close, "You never told me any of that?"

As I walked backwards,he walked closer, "I'm AAA Cooperation, I'm the CEO, I'm the boss, and as the boss I make boss moves and not all boss moves have to be known. I move in silence."

"When were you going to tell me then?" I stuttered as he trapped me in the corner.

"After you told me what you are afraid of." August whispered in my ear.

I turned my head to look at him and his lips captured my lips. Out of instinct I kissed him back. Wrapping my arms around my waist, he grabbed me by my thighs and picked up deepening the kiss. Pressing my back against the wall, August moved his hands down to my butt gripping it firmly. A gasp escaped my lips and he used that to put his tongue in my mouth.

Before anything went any further, August stopped and looked at me, "And that's how I know you're afraid to fall."

August smirked, put me down and walked out the room.

~~~

"THAT NIGGA KISSED YOU?!" Monica screamed.

I sighed, "Yes."

She hollered louder, "AND YOU KISSED HIM BACK?!"

"Yes Monica." I said nodding my head as if she could see me.

"Girl then what are you gonna do? I know you love him and you confused, but shit you confusing me too." Monica smacked her teeth, "One minute you like, fuck him do him dirty sis; and the next minute you letting him put his tongue down your throat."

I ran my hand through my hair, "I'm at a vulnerable point in my life right now Monica. I just recently had eye surgery and almost died, and now my little girl is having surgery. My parents are back at my house setting her room for when she get back. Your still being the hoe you always been, Karoline and Winston are keeping up with my business.

Everybody is busy, and it seems like the only person I can depend on at the moment is August. Wether he got a bitch knocked up or not." I explained.

"DONT DO ME BITCH!" Monica laughed, "You know I love the dick and has to get the dick. I ain't Monica without the dick."

I chuckled and shook my head.

"But on a real note, Elise you love August, Victoria loves August, and obviously August loves you. I know your afraid to let him in due to your past and what has happened between y'all. But people are human, we all make mistakes, forgive him and try again." Monica said.

"But I don't wanna risk.." I started.

She asked, "What's a life without risks?"