Chapter 49

Elise P.O.V.

It's been a couple weeks and everything was going smoothly. I was able to do all the work I had to do at my office online. Karoline was back in Atlanta making sure everything over there was running smoothly, while Winston stayed over here with me. Victoria was doing online schooling and she loved it. She was able to stay up under me and learn.

With it being just my daughter and I it was way more peaceful. I cooked her breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday. I read 3 books, did our silly dance, and gave her 5 hugs. She was my pride and joy, and I was so thankful for her. After the grand opening I told her that she was going to be a big sister and she was more than happy. Victoria started rubbing and talking to my belly. I'm only around 2 months and I'm not that visible yet.

Right now it was night time and Victoria and I was snuggled in the same bed watching television. She had her head rested on my chest and her hand on my stomach.

"Where do babies come from?"

I looked down at Victoria who was looking at me intently. Of course I had to give her the water down version because she was only 5. But i also should of known that she was gonna asking considering I was pregnant.

Taking my hand through my messy hair, I looked at her, "Babies come from heaven. Jesus makes you and puts you in me."

Victoria looked at me and nodded, "And when is daddy coming back? I miss him."

I looked over at the clock and it read 9:30, it was time for me to put Victoria to sleep. "Baby it's your bed time, just go to sleep and we'll talk about it later."

She huffed and puff because I always dodge her questions whenever it comes to August. I know that it isn't good for me to do that, but I didn't know how to answer them. After Victoria was sound asleep, I called Winston to come over so we could talk about this business convention tomorrow. Once Winston came over, he plopped on my couch in front of my laptop.

"Girl you might have to go back to Atlanta." Winston said, "Karoline said that headquarters is getting crazy without you there."

I questioned, "How?! I'm literally doing all the hard stuff."

"I don't know, but if you don't wanna stay in Atlanta, the least you can do is pay it a visit and fix things up. All you got in Houston is the store. You literally stay home everyday and check emails." He looked at me.

"I know." I sighed, "Its just that Atlanta holds so many memories. I don't know if I'm strong enough to go back yet."

"Maybe if you talk to August he can be your anchor." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "Yea, he probably hates me. Now about this business convention."

"Oh. Alright. So this business convention is for all the new businesses that just opened within the last year. All the new businesses will have a stand and different products. You basically just promoting your stuff." Winston shrugged.

I nodded my head, I'm not sure if I was ready for this business convention. I haven't seen August in weeks.

The next morning I woke up early because the convention starts at 11:00 and I had to get Victoria to day care. Taking a shower, I dressed in a
maroon skater dress with black heels. I curled my hair and applied a burgundy lipstick before getting Victoria.

After dropping her off at the day care, I went to the venue. I was meeting Winston at the venue because he was there setting up our stand/booth. Once I arrived at the venue I got out the car and walked inside. People were at the door waiting to go inside. Smiling and waving I started looking for Winston.

After finding Winston, I sat at the booth. Everyone was decorating their booth and getting it pretty so that people would be drawn towards it. I was nervous and anxious, because I knew more than likely that I was going to see August.

"Girl stop shaking. This place is huge, i doubt you'll even see him." Winston tried to calm me down.

I sighed, "It's not seeing him, it's the fact that Im in the same place as him, the same room, breathing the same air."

"You sound crazy as hell." He scrunched his brows, "Go to the bathroom and freshen up. Get yourself together and then come back."

I nodded my head and headed down a hallway to where the bathroom was at. Walking into the bathroom, I went over towards the sink and splash my face with water. Luckily, I didn't apply make up so nothing was smeared. Taking a deep breath, I counted to 10 and then reapplied my lipstick. I fixed my hair up a little bit and walked out the bathroom.

Walking out the door I bumped right into someone almost falling backwards. I closed my eyes tightly bracing for impact against the ground but the person caught me. They pulled me back onto my feet and I peeked through one eye to see if I still was alive or dead of embarrassment. Once I realized that I was sturdy on my feet, I opened my eyes.

Regret was what I felt when I looked up to see August staring down at me. August had his arms around my lower back and my hands were gripping his shoulders. My breathing began to quicken, and my heart began to thump hard as I felt myself about to have a panic attack. I got out of his grip and went to walk away.

"I cant breathe. I gotta go." I turned away from him and went for the exit.

August spoke, "When you gonna stop being scared and face your problems head on?"