Chapter 36

Joanna's P.O.V.

My Gucci heels clacked against the marble flooring as I walked into the office to handle business. Now I didn't have to worry about a sickening child that will just get in the way of August and I. August and I were going to be together, whether I had to kill Elise or not.

"You're late Joanna." George stated.

I gave him a kiss upon his lips, "I know baby, but they didn't release me from the hospital till this afternoon."

George was Elise's father and he didn't want her with August just like how I didn't either. Her mother Lucia was on the same page; however, she didn't know I was sleeping with her husband. He and I met a couple weeks ago down at a local bar, I was drunk off my ass and accidentally told him everything. When I mentioned Elise and August he automatically started thinking of a plan to separate them.

He feels as though Elise is above August, and that she deserves better than a hood rat. I didn't know how George knew about his past, but I knew it was great that he did. George felt as though Vincent was the perfect one for her, and that after he died she should of just stayed single. He did come for August, and I was slightly offended because August worked hard to get where he is today.

I am in love with August, and I will do everything in my power to get him back. Seeing another woman make him smile, laugh, and happy tears me apart on the inside. Putting on a front to make it seem like I was sad he left was hard for me. Anger, that's what I felt when he left me for that no good son of a bitch. Revenge, I was going to dig in the past to reach for my goal.

"Joanna, when we go through with this plan, it is crucial, we cannot and I repeat. We cannot go off plan, people will get hurt and people will die." George told me with a stern voice.

I kissed my teeth, "I know, but isn't that apart of getting revenge?"

"Killing People is out of the question." He stated, "My Grand daughter is getting pulled into this and I don't want her hurt. I don't care how angry you get."

"If you didn't want her getting hurt, why'd you put her in the plan then George?" I hissed.

George sneered, "Because that's the only way to get Elise to obey us. Now stop questioning me you stupid bitch."

I closed my mouth tightly into a thin line and glared at him. We started sleeping together as soon as met on that night I was drunk. Ever since then we never stopped. He buys clothes, shoes, my hair done, my nails; he basically spoils me.

After August left me I went through depression and I began to do drugs and drink heavily. I didn't become an addict, but I was itching my way towards it. George helped me, and helped me see that there was more to life than just August. Now that I know that there is more to life than August, I can steal August and we can experience life together.

"I won't let you talk to me like that George, I'm not your puppet." I harshly spoke.

He got up in a quick motion and smacked the spit out my mouth. Falling to the ground, George hovered over me and punched me in the right side of my jaw. A piercing scream left from my lips as I cried out in pain and agony. George grabbed me by my hair and smacked right across the face. Tears flowed freely down my face as I felt the burning sensation.

Getting up on shaking legs, I remembered my mother told me not to be anybody's punching bad. I grabbed his lamp that was on his desk and hit him in the back of the head with it. George swore and turned on the heels of his feet. Grabbing me by my throat, he shoved me up against the wall.

I was struggling to breathe. Wrapping my hands around his wrist I closed my eyes and prayed that this wasn't going to be how I died. He slung me across the office, my back colliding with the wall. Tears raced down my cheeks as he approached me.

"You will not talk to me in such manner Joanna." He gripped my jaw, "Do you fucking hear me?"

I nodded my head.

George gave me a stinging slap, "I said do you hear me your stupid bitch?"

"Y-Ye-Yes Geo-George." I stuttered miserably.

"Remember, you need me. I don't need you." He sneered.

George pushed my head into the wall as he dusted of his hands and walked back to his desk. I laid on the floor and cried. Not because of August, but because of how my life took a turn for the worst. He made me killed the baby, even though I didn't want it. Told me that if I kept it, it would mess up the plan on how I was going to get August back. But just because I didn't want it, didn't mean I had to kill it.

I told him I didn't care, I wanted to keep the child. George didn't like getting told no, so he would fix me a glass of soda and put a vitamin C tablet in it. Also, George was never this abusive. Honestly, he never laid his hands on me ever. So this took me by surprise. All I wanted was August, I didn't want or needed anybody else. Just wanted to be in his arms.

But that soon will happen once we put this plan into action. Elise doesn't know what is coming her way and neither does August. They both will be caught by surprise, and that's what makes this bitter sweet. I knew what I was gonna do was wrong, but Love has no boundaries.

"When will we put this plan in action?"I questioned.

"In 2 days."