Chapter 32

Elise P.O.V.

Once we made our way into the hospital we separated and I went to check on Victoria and he went to check on Joanna. Memories of last night flooded my mind and a smile appeared on my lips. It was honestly the best sex I have ever had in my entire life. I kinda wanted to do it again.

Walking into her room Victoria was still asleep and I saw Monica typing away on her phone.

"Hey Moni!" I smiled at her, "How's Victoria?"

"Hey Elise! She is good, your mom gave her breakfast before she left for work. Your dad had to handled business so I'm here watching her. But enough of that, how are you?" She smirked up at me.

I scrunched up my brows, "What are you talking about?"

"You think I'm stupid?" Monica laughed, "I called you three times last night, sent several text messages, you're coming in clothes that aren't yours, your skin is glowing, and you smell like cologne."

I was beyond speechless at how she could tell something had happen last night. I wanted to tell her, I just didn't know how to say it.

"You fucked August?" She smiled at me.

All I could do is nod my head yea. Monica squealed and practically jumped into my arms. I was dumbfounded and words could not process for me to speak.

"Omg! It's bout time you got some act right, thought I had to hook you up with someone to beat that back in." Monica wiped her forehead, "Your attitude was horrible, I even wanted to choke you a couple times."

I laughed.

Monica took a seat on the Love chair and patted beside her for me to take a seat next to her. Obeying, I took the seat next her and propped my legs over her legs getting myself comfortable. She looked at me with so much happiness that her eyes were starting to sparkle like the stars.

"Why you looking at me like that?" I whined.

She shook her head, "I'm just happy for you, you found someone that you can finally share your life with. Someone who is willing to take care of you and your precious daughter. Someone who is willing to give you the world and more. And honestly Elise, you deserve that.

"You're such a good person, you would give the clothes off your back to someone if you could. Your heart is pure and I see that, other people see it as well.

"I know you think I'm blabbing off, but I just wanted to tell you that. You're a good person and I don't want you thinking otherwise. What you been through in the pass, leave it there, August isn't him. Don't put August
through something that he didn't put hisself in. I love you Elise."

A smile spreads across my face as I embraced Monica in a big hug. She was my best friend and even though she was out there she gave really good advice. I know Monica only wanted what was best for me.

"Mommy?" Victoria hoarse voice whispered.

I got up and climbed into bed with her and held her in my arms. Tears were threatening to fall but I wouldn't dare let them fall. I needed to be strong for not only me, but for her.

Wrapping my arms around her, I pulled her blanket over her because she was shivering.

"Yes baby?" I said.

She looked at me with her big beautiful chocolate eyes, "Where's daddy?"

I looked at her in shocked, "Who?"

Victoria looked at me with tears swelling in her eyes, "My real daddy, he visited me while I was sleeping and told me he was sorry for everything. He said he was sorry for scaring me and that he wasn't a bad person, and that he loved me and hope I forgive him."

"Well do you?" I questioned.

She nodded her head, "Yea, I do."

"But daddy is gone, daddy is in your heart now." I told her squeezing her.

"I know that mommy." Victoria stated, "When I asked where is daddy I was talking bout August. I was only telling you that I saw my real daddy."

I nodded my head comprehending everything she just told me. Having a flashback to when Vincent visited me while I was in a coma. He wouldn't let me die, he wouldn't let me leave with him. But what he told Victoria, he told me the same thing too. Vincent wanted to be set free, just as much as we wanted to be set free.

He knew what he caused us, and how much pain we endured from him. He regretted it and the guilt was killing him. Vincent wanted to move on to the next stage of the afterlife but he couldn't, his heart wouldn't let him. That's why he visited us, to tell us he was sorry, to let us know how he truly felt and hoped we forgave him.

I knew Vincent, and even though he put me through hell he wasn't a bad person. He experienced things in life that nobody would wished upon their worst enemy. After the army he changed, he wasn't always abusive. Vincent was built into that, I knew deep down in his heart he didn't want to be abusive. He was broken, him going to war broke him and that was his only way of showing and telling us that.

"Your dad isn't a bad man baby girl. Those nightmares you have are playing tricks on you." I told her.

Victoria nodded her head, "I know, daddy loved me and he loved you too."

I didn't say anything as she laid her head on my chest and closed her eyes going back to sleep. Monica looked at us and gave us a weak smile. She knew what I been through with Vincent, she knew what Victoria went through with him too. Till this day she doesn't understand why I don't hate him. But I can't hate someone who didn't know right from wrong.