Chapter 12

Elise P.O.V.

A/N: Her bedroom in the mm.

"Victoria.. Sweetie. He is dead." I said slowly.

Victoria sobbed into August's leg, "No..No! I saw him.. I saw.. I saw when he.. when he hit you. And when.. And when he whip.. Whip you."

I sensed August staring intently at me, "Victoria. Im going to need you to calm down. He isn't here."

She screamed and cried harder, "Yes he is! I saw him when I closed my eyes."

I gulped as kept quiet for a few minutes, "Baby, Im going to get Lauren to put you back to sleep okay?"

Victoria screamed loudly, "No!"

A sighed escaped my lips as I held my head down at the dark oak flooring and started thinking about what I was going to do next. I was not expecting for Victoria to have a nightmare about what happened three years ago; I wouldn't even expect her to remember anything from it. When I was with him, I tried to make sure she was happy and only received happy thoughts; even if she was just two years old.

I heard heavy footsteps and my hand being grabbed. Knowing those soft hands and sparks from anywhere, I let August guide me into a room. The hearing of shuffling made me wonder what was going on around me. But I heard Victoria sigh.

"Dont worry ma', I see ya' face. I'm just holding Victoria till she go to sleep. Then ya' can tuck her in or whatever ya' do." August spoke.

I sighed, "I'm sorry you had to see that."

"Nah, no need to be sorry." He said.

"But, I'm just so embarrassed. I wasn't expecting for you to find out like this. Better yet, at all."

"I don't know why." August exclaimed, "In life, everybody goes through trials and tribulations. Everybody got battles they go through in life. Some are harder then others, but it's still a struggle. Don't be embarrassed of what you went through, be happy that you made it out alive, because it could of been worst for ya' and ya' daughter."

I played with my thumbs, "But I just feel so stupid, if only I left earlier, I could still see."

I felt August wrap his arm around me and pull me closer, "Now listen baybeh, and I want ya' to listen good. God wouldnt give you anything you couldn't handle. Let me ask ya' a question."

"Okay." I mumbled.

"Do ya' need help walking around ya house?" He questioned.

I shook my head, "No, I lived in this house so long with my eyesight that it didnt really affect me walking around my house, or my office."

"See! Thats where I'm going too, did ya' eye sight stop ya' from taking care of Victoria? Did it stop ya' from working? Did it stop ya' from being a very successful person?" He went on.

I cracked a smile, "No."

"Ight then, then stop regretting the past because it was the past that made ya' who ya' are today." August said.

I smiled and hugged him as I listened to Victoria's soft snores. It was shocking how she ran down the stairs and went straight to August, didn't even acknowledge me. Maybe I will let August be the father that she always wanted, she is only 5 and I don't want her living her whole life without a male figure. 

"What ya thinking bout?"

The hearing of Victoria snoring loudly made me laugh hysterically.

"Nothing, I think maybe you should put Victoria to bed before she blows our eardrums out." I smiled.

I sensed August smiling to, "Ight, I'll do that. Where is her room at?"

"Her room is up the flight of stairs on the left, not the right. The right is where all the guest rooms are at. Anyways, you go up the left flight of stairs and three doors down on the right side of the hall is her room. If her door is open, you should see a pink light coming from the door from her night light." I explained.

I sat silently on the couch as I heard August get up from the couch and walk up the flight of stairs. The way I opened up to him so freely was shocking and it was a foreign feelings to actually talk to a guy and he actually listens. Even though it was a foreign feeling, it felt real nice. 

A sigh escaped my lips as I made a recap of what happened today. August agreed to help me expand my business, he took me out on a date to celebrate my achievement, he drove me home and my daughter had a nightmare, and here we are now having him tuck her to sleep.

"She sleeping, ya' want me to head out or stay for a few minutes?" August asked.

I made a funny noise as I began thinking of what I wanted to happen next, "You can stay, we can go head up to my room and watch a movie or something."

August cracked a joke, "I'll be watching it more than you, you'll be listening."

I smiled as he took my head and we headed up the same flight of stairs he took Victoria up and I walked in front of him to lead him to where my room was. He opened the door and once we got in he gasped.

"This ya room?" He questioned.

I laughed, "I wouldnt lead you in a room that wasnt mine dummy."

"Don't get fucked up." August chuckled as he wrapped his arm around my waist from behind and rocked us to the side, "This room is nice."

"Thanks."

I felt August pick me up and I squealed loudly before he toss me on the bed. I laughed, as I crawled to one side and got comfortable. Patting the side beside me, I smiled brightly.

"Come on." 

I heard his heavy footsteps and as he got in the bed, I heard a movie playing in the background. Not long after that my eyes started getting heavy and I was about to go to sleep. August ran his hands through my hair as I closed my eyes in sighed. My last thought before letting sleep take over was, "This is what I like. Being safe and secure."