Chapter 48

Elise's outfit in the mm.

Elise P.O.V.

Victoria and I just landed in Houston Texas last night; she was sound asleep in my bed while I was up fixing breakfast. She asked about August and so far all I told her was that he had to go to New York to do something. I'm getting Victoria enrolled into online schooling since there is only a month of school left. Also, I am going to look for a small apartment for the both of us to live in.

"You gonna be ready at 10:00 for your grand opening?" Karoline walked into my kitchen.

I nodded my head, "Yea, but Ima need you to stay here with Victoria while I'm there."

"Yea sure." She nodded, "That will definitely not be a problem. So Winston is going with you to the opening?"

"Yea, he is." I nodded my head.

"Elise?" Karoline questioned.

I had my back turned to her because I knew eventually she would ask about August and I. Even though I never mentioned it, everybody knew about August and his successful business. He was all over the news, newspaper, and online. When we got together and made it official, the public went crazy. After we broke up, I haven't told anybody but somehow the news found out. Maybe someone at the hospital overheard me breaking up with him.

"I know I am nothing but an employee to you, but what you did to August was wrong. You shouldn't of left him like that after everything y'all been through together. He saved you and your daughter, and you left him. How do you think he feels?" She preached.

I kissed my teeth as I finished breakfast, "Karoline I don't need you preaching to me about how I need to handle things."

She wailed her arms frantically, "YOU DONT SEE IT DO YOU?! August is madly in love with you and you ran from him. Why? Have your mind been so corrupted that you don't see real even when it's looking you right in the eye.

"I'm pregnant." I blurted.

"OH HELL NAH! BITCH IS YOU ON DRUGS?!?! YOUR GONNA KEEP THAT MAN FROM HIS OWN CHILD?!" Karoline started ranting and pacing back and forth.

"After everything that happened, I panicked and ran." I frowned.

She glared at me, "So when you gonna stop running away of what your afraid of and face them? That's the only way to overcome them."

I just looked at her.

"I'm not saying get back with him, but he needs to know that he's going to be a father." Karoline stated before walking off.

I looked at the time and it read 8:30. Waking Victoria up, I fixed her plate and we ate breakfast together.

"Is daddy coming to Houston after he leave where he at?" Victoria asked me.

I shook my head, "No baby, he is going back to Atlanta."

"So why are we staying in Houston?" She frowned.

"Baby, I wouldn't do anything to hurt you, so I need you to trust me."

Victoria nodded her head and finished her dinner. I made her a small bubble bath and washed her up before dressing her in black shorts and white tank top. After putting her sandals on, I took a quick shower and out on my outfit. Fixing my hair into a high sleek bun, I walked out the bathroom.

"It's 9:30. It takes 15 minutes to get to there, so you might wanna leave now." Karoline told me looking at the television.

Attitude was heard in the way she spoke and I sighed, "Alright."

I walked over to Victoria who was beside Karoline and kissed her cheek and told her I loved her. After giving Victoria a hug, I waved to Karoline and headed out the door. Walking over to my car, I got in and drove to my new store. Parking in the parking space, I got out and I was at awe at how beautiful it looked.

I walked slowly to the front door to see Winston bust out the door screaming and hollering orders at people. Winston raked his hand through his hair before he spotted me.

"ELISEEEEE!" Winston squealed.

He ran over to me picking me up and twirling me around.

"Can you put me down?" I laughed, "We're in public."

He huffed and put me down, people were circling my new building and it made me happy. I felt like things were finally about to get back to normal. Winston looked at me and then held my hand leading me into my new store. A smile was plastered on my face as I looked at the interior design. Everything was so beautiful and breath taking here.

"Alright, being the best assistant in the whole wide world I got us tickets to go to this business convention. It's a good way to get your business out there in Houston." Winston spoke.

I nodded my head, "When is it?"

"Like a couple weeks from now." He shrugged his shoulders.

I nodded my head.

"Just a disclaimer, August is hosting it. So whatever beef y'all got, you might want to squash it." He smiled.

Before I could say anything, Winston took off screaming at a couple people because the bow wasnt centered. My heart began to thump out my chest knowing that in a couple weeks I will be facing August again. I didn't think I would face him again after I left Atlanta. A part of me wanted to see him and tell him how I felt and get us back on the right track. However, the other part of me knew that if we got back together things just wouldn't be the same.

The bell started ringing signaling that it was 10:00 and time for my grand opening. I smiled as i walked over to the bow. I took a picture with the people who expanded my business, then with Winston, and then one by myself. Someone gave me scissors and they counted down from three before I cut the ribbon.