Chapter 27

Elise P.O.V.

"I WANT AUGUST! I WANT AUGUST! I WANT AUGUST NOW!" Victoria screamed as she throw her legs and arms all over in the air in a frantic.

The nurse tried to calm her down, "Sweetie we need you to calm down."

"NOOOOOO!" Victoria cried out, "I WANT AUGUSTTTTT!"

I walked around the room pacing back and forth because they have to prepare her for surgery and she is not cooperating. I haven't spoke to August in two days and I don't plan on speaking to him again. However, Victoria will not cooperate without August.

The nurse walked over to me, "Ma'am we have to prepare her for surgery and we need her to cooperate. Who is August?"

"Just an old friend of mine that she gotten close to." I said.

"I'm not trying to invade your space or privacy but I believe if you get August for Victoria this process will move a whole lot more smoothly." The nurse told me.

I nodded my head and walked out the room and sat on the bench that isn't too far down the hall. Putting my head in my hands I let out a breath and then took out my phone. I haven't had much sleep the pass few days and I haven't really been keeping up with my business. But luckily, Karoline and Winston text me every other day updating me on my business so I'm not too far behind. Karoline has taken my place until I can get back in the office and I greatly appreciate her for that.

Unlocking my phone I found August's number and dialed it hoping he will answer.

"Hello?" I heard a feminine voice say.

I sucked in a breath, "Is this Joanna?"

"Uh. Yea. This is Elise right?"  She questioned.

Before she answered something out the whim came to mind.

"Yea, can I meet you at the local coffee shop down by the tattoo shop?" I asked.

Joanna got quiet for a moment, "Sure."

"Alright. Be there in 15." I said before hanging up.

Getting up I went inside Victoria's room and she was still crying, whaling, and asking for August. The nurse was beside her rubbing her back trying to get her to calm down. The doctor walked out the room to prepare the surgery room.

"What time is her surgery?" I asked.

The nurse looked up at me, "3:00"

"What time is it now?" I questioned.

"1:56"

I smiled, "Alright, Ima be right back try to keep her calm."

While I was walking out I heard the nurse ask where I was going, but I was a black woman on a mission.

Getting in my car, I started it up and drove down the road to the coffee shop. After I arrived at the coffee I walked in to see Joanna sitting anxiously at a booth. I took a seat in front of her and greeted her with a smile and a small hello.

"So I'm guessing your wondering why I want to meet you?" I smiled.

She nodded her head, "Yea, considering you don't like me too much."

"I just have a few questions I wanted to ask that I wanted to asked in person." I intertwined my fingers in front of me and propped my elbows on the table.

"Alright." She said slowly.

I tilted my head, "How do you feel?"

Joanna gave me the side eye, "What do you mean?"

"How do you feel knowing you ruined a relationship ? How do you feel knowing that a man is only with you cause your carrying his seed? How do you feel knowing that you're a home wrecker? How do you feel knowing that you ruined somebody else's happiness?" I said.

She didn't say anything.

"Like I said, how do you feel?"

"I.. I.. I don't.." Joanna stuttered.

I sucked my teeth, "Shut up. You know what you was doing you little bitch. You purposely had sex with him, you purposely made him nut in you, you purposely wanted to get pregnant by him. Because YOU KNEW that I wouldn't want to be with him if he cheated and then got another girl pregnant. You wanted him all to yourself and you were going to do whatever it took to get him to yourself. I ain't dumb you little hoe."

Joanna began to cry, "I know, I know. And I am really sorry for doing that towards you two. August and I aren't even talking right now, he texted me the other night and told me to only text or call him if I have doctors appointment or if it has something to do with the baby. He even fired me from being his assistant. I lost everything, my job, the love of my life, everything."

"And I'm suppose to feel bad for you?" I sneered, "You knew what the hell you was getting yourself into. You knew that nigga didn't love you or even liked you."

Joanna cried harder, "I just felt like if I had his child maybe he would look at me differently and see the same thing that I see in him."

"You sound so fucking pathetic, you knew he liked me, you knew that he loved me and wanted to be with me. What you did was selfish, and having his kid is not gonna make him look at you any different. If anything, he looks at you as the dumb bitch that ruined something good for him." I said harshly,

"Why are we having this conversation? This is pointless." She wiped the tears that were running down her face.

I looked her dead in her eyes with the meanest, rudest, and deadliest look ever, "Because if you weren't pregnant I would whoop your ass right here in this damn coffee shop."

"Why?" Joanna said in fear.

I growled, "Cause you don't know what I been through in the past, and you ruined something for me and my daughter that would of been so good."

Before she could reply, I grabbed my purse and walked out the coffee with my blood boiling. I had to meet her, I had to tell her what was on my mind, I had to tell her about herself. Because if I didn't, nobody else was going to.

Grabbing my phone from my purse, I called August again and this time he picked up.

"Hey little momma." August said.

I rolled my eyes, "Victoria won't cooperate with the nurses and doctors before surgery."

I heard shuffling on his end of the phone, "Why? What's wrong with my baby?"

"She keeps asking for you, and won't cooperate with anybody until she see you. I was gonna ask if you could come down to the hospital for her."'I said, even though I didn't want him near me or her.

"Ight. I'll be there in 20 minutes."