Chapter 17

Elise P.O.V.

"I don't understand doctor, how are we going to cure this disorder?" I asked, as I sat in a chair beside my daughter with our hands intertwined, while she slept.

He cleared his throat, "Well normally we give them medicine that they take, but she is way to young to be taking it. However, there is a children physiologist right down the road, maybe they can help."

I nodded my head and processed the information.

"Although it seems that she is fine, we had to call the police department to bring detectives to question her. Only because she is way too young to be suffering from PTSD." He informed me.

My mother shrieked, "That's straight bullshit, the damn child is 5 years old what the hell is she going to tell the police?"

The doctor spoke in a calm manner "I ask that you cooperate with me ma'am. I'm just following procedure."

I heard my mother stuck her teeth at the doctor and I heard her heavy footsteps walk out the room, slamming the door afterwards. The only reason why my mother got upset with detectives questioning my daughter is because she knew what Vincent did to me. That is why we are not on good terms.

I went to my mom crying my precious eyes out, I told her everything, from the rape, to the beating, and slave labor. She looked at me, laughed, and said I was lying, and then told Vincent which I got punished for later that night. While my mom was at work, I went to my dad, hoping he would believe me, but he just kicked me out the house and said that he disowned me and that no child of his is going to make up pathetic lies to get someone behind bars.

I was going to try again one last time, I went to their house on a cold winter night and it was pouring down rain. I had bruises and scratches all over my face and body, and when I showed them, they both laughed in my face and said I was stupid for marrying someone who hits on me and once again slammed the door in my face.

"Detective Ronald and Detective Emmalynn is here to speak with your daughter." I heard the doctor say right before the door open and two sets of footsteps came into the room.

"Good evening, I'm detective Emmalynn and I work with kids, is it okay if I ask your daughter a few questions." She asked.

"No, I don't mind." I weakly smiled.

"Victoria? Sweetie can you wake up?" I heard Emmalynn soft voice say.

I felt Victoria stir in her sleep and grumble a few words before she sat up and squeeze my hand.

"Victoria, I'm detective Emmalynn and I have a few questions I want to ask you."

"Okay." She weakly said.

"Do you know what panic attacks are?" Emmalynn asked.

"No."

"Panic attacks are when you get really scared, and you start to cry because you either think of something in the past or something just happened to you." She explained.

"Oh."

"Do you have panic attacks Victoria?" Emmalynn questioned.

"Sometimes."

"Do you know why you have these panic attacks?" She said.

"Because when I was a baby I saw my daddy beat my mommy and then I saw her kill him." Victoria whimpered.

"And how long have you had these panic attacks?" Emmalynn asked.

"A long time."

"Thank you Victoria for answering these questions, I'm going to talk to your mom outside for a minute." She stated.

I walked outside into the hallway with both detectives following behind me. Biting away my finger nails, I tapped my feet as I waited for what they had to say. Emmalynn could be thinking anything, she could be thinking about taking away my baby, or putting her on medicine, they could think they I'm an unfit mother and let a relative take care of her.

Emmalynn started talking, "She definitely suffers from a pretty bad PTSD, but because she is so young, we could possibly cure it. There is a children physiologist, I'll set Victoria an appointment and call you and tell you what day and time. Until then, goodbye."

I slid down the wall as I cried silently, praying to the Lord to give me strength cause I know he is testing me.

"What did the detectives ask her?" My mother asked frantically.

Wiping my face, I got up and walked back into the room with Victoria, "Not that you actually care."

"Don't talk to me like that, I'm your mother." She sneered.

I sarcastically laughed, "What mother knows that her child is getting beat, raped and don't do a thing about it? I came to you broken mother, I came to you in tears, scars on my back, scars on my stomach, and scars on my face. And all you did was say it was my fault and that I was stupid. Yet you want to play the mother game. No."

"Cause you were stupid , if he was abusing you so badly, why the hell would you stay with him?" My mother shrieked.

"Cause i had a daughter, and because my dad never taught me how to be treated by a man or how to be respected by a man. But it's okay, I know now and I'm asking you to get out. Not only just get out this room, but get out my life, and my daughter's life. We didn't need you in the beginning and we sure as hell don't need you now." I pushed my mother out the door and closed it.

"So I want be able to see my grand ma no more?" Victoria squeaked.

I laid in bed with her, while I ran my fingers throw her braids, "Your grand ma did some bad things in the past and it didn't settle well with me. So yea, no more grand ma or grand pa. Just you and me sweetie."

She snuggled into my neck and whispered, "And August."