Chapter 33

Elise P.O.V.

Waking up from my peaceful slumber, I heard Victoria giggling and a masculine voice talking. I opened my eyes to see August and her talking about who knows what.

"What are y'all laughing about?" I asked with a smile.

Victoria's face was beaming, "Daddy said that when you sleep you snore loud like a bear in hibernation.

She broke out into a fit of giggles and August looked at her with so much love and admiration. Getting out the bed, I walked over to him and gave him a hug.

"How's Joanna?" I asked.

August sighed, "Detectives checked her house but there was no evidence of a forceful break in. They even spoke to her land lord and her landlord knew nothing of what they were talking about. He is a middle aged man with a wife, children and Grand children. He has an oxygen tank, how the hell is he going to break into something?"

I didn't say anything as I rubbed his back and tried to soothed him.

"That's not the worst part, they checked her and she wasn't raped nor molested. Nobody forced their self on her like she said. And the worst part of this, the baby died. My seed she was carrying, died. The doctor said that she was taking a tremendous amount of vitamin C pills."

I looked at him in confusion, but then it all made sense now. Vitamin C pills can induce an abortion if you take enough of them. If you took 500mg of them every hour then you had a 50 percent chance of an abortion. However, you had to get the pills without Rose hip because that actually helped the baby. She really did her research.

"They are thinking that she staged all of this. Their keeping her in the hospital for a few more days for further testing and questioning. The detectives are still looking through the house for evidence of anything. Maybe they might of over looked something."

What he told me was crazy. How could Joanna kill her own baby, something that was apart of her. I was offended because the baby didn't even get a chance to live or experience life.

The doctor walked in with a smiled plastered on his face as he took in on Victoria recovering well. Victoria was bouncing around on her bed singing with a smile on her face.

"Well I have good news for you Elise." The doctor held his clipboard, "Victoria is recovering very fast and healthy and within the next couple of days she'll be able to go home. We just want to watch her and run a couple more test to make sure everything is smooth sailing from now on."

"Thank you so much." I smiled brightly giving him a hand shake.

The doctor looked at August, and gave his head a curt nod and turned and turned to leave the room. A squeal left my lips knowing my baby was coming home within the next couple days. Doing a small happy dance, Victoria joined in and we both looked like monkeys scratching our armpits.

Monica had left while I was sleeping so I sent her text updating her on the information I was given. I was beyond happy, and I was beyond blessed. Things were really starting to look up for me.

The nurse came into the room to prescribe Victoria medicine, while she did that August and I went down to the cafe for Starbucks. Who would of thought of putting a Starbucks in a hospital. After we ordered we got our drinks and were on our way back to the room.

"You never told me about your ex husband." August spoke out the blue.

I smiled weakly, "I wrote you a letter August."

"But you told me not to read it until you was ready." He looked at me as we approached her room.

I was stunned, I forgotten all about the letter that I wrote him. Before, my heart was cold. It was broken from all the misery and pain I went through. I never thought that I could find another man that I would take interest in. Another man that I would want to build with.

"You didn't read it?" I asked stunned.

August shook his,"No, why would I read it after you told me not to?"

"I just thought you wouldn't listen." I exclaimed, "Your stubborn and go by your own rules sometimes."

He chuckled, "You're right, but if you tell me not to read something, I'm pretty sure it's for a reason."

I nodded my head, was I really ready to tell him about my past. He told me about his past, even though he really didn't want to. August knew it was in our best interest if he told me about it. But would it be in our best interest if I told him what I've been through? What difference would it make? It already happen, I already went through it. And honestly, I didn't want sympathy.

I don't want August feeling sorry for me or looking at me any different. I'm still the same girl that was blind but didn't let that hold her back from completing her dreams. After I tell him what happen, I know he'll look at me different. He'll look at me as a small fragile girl he needs to take care of and watch over.

I'm Elise Ebony Young and I'm grown as fuck. I don't need August to take care of me, I don't need him thinking I'm fragile and defenseless.

"I'll tell you soon August. Just not right now." I smiled at him and walked into the room where Victoria was watching spongebob.

It was killing him to know what happened in my past and how I was formed into the person I was today. However, it was killing me inside to talk about it and relive it. But I knew eventually I would have to tell him if I wanted to build with him. Not only in our relationship, but our kingdom.