Chapter 2: Teddy bear leg

It's been an hour now and I have began to feel less awkward. I found out that Mark usually visits the town a lot and Nellie said she has never noticed him that much. We are all on our third round of drinks and Nellie slips away to go shut things off and close windows, leaving me and Mark.

"So, can I have your number?" Mark looks at me and I freeze in my seat a little bit.

"W-why do you want my number?" I stutter a little bit as I look up at him. "For all you know I could be planning on stalking you back to your house and kidnapping you. But that's none of my business." I take a sip of my drink. (Reference? Anybody?)

"I would like to take that chance." He smiles at me as I look into his dark brown eyes.
I pull out my phone and hand it to him, I then quickly attempt to grab it back as he slides it open but I fail. I place my head on the table as he laughs.

He is my phone wallpaper.

I groan out loud and hide my face in embarrassment. I then lift my head to see him tapping on my phone for a little longer than he should be, I don't intend to be rude and snatch it from him so I just wait as I stare at him. He then hands me the phone and I read what he has labelled himself as.

'Mark the most handsome and awesome man you will ever meet.'

I can't help but laugh at his nickname and I close the app, but by accident I click on gallery to see he has spammed my phone with selfies and pictures of himself.

"Nice photo shoot." I roll my eyes and put my phone away as Mark puts in my number into his own phone, which I guess he scanned before from my phone. I take another sip of my drink before realizing it's empty. "Where's the coffee girl when you need one?" I look around the room but I just shrug when I can't find her. I check the time to see it's 12:18am.

I get bored and randomly stroke my fringe since it's very soft today. I then twirl it with my forefinger as I see Mark is strangely watching me.

"Yes?" I raise an eyebrow at him as I adjust my now numb bum in my seat. He just shrugs it off. "I'm going to pee and look for our coffee girl." I stand up but I feel a hand pull me back and I spin around to see Mark holding onto my hand.

"I thought you had something stuck to your hand..." He trails off as he slowly removes his hand while a blush sets onto my cheeks. I continue to make my way to the toilet and I walk in to see Nellie crying inside.

"Oh my gosh. Nellie, are you okay?" I worriedly ask as she leans over the sink. She looks up at me with tears rapidly falling from her eyes and I immediately hold my arms out for a hug which she quickly accepts and leaps into my arms. I stroke her hair in a soothing way and I whisper to her that she is going to be okay and she eventually calms down.

"Okay, do you want to tell me what happened?" I ask while I pull out of the hug for a second to look at her face. She nods. "Let's go out there and speak to everyone in a group. I'm sure he won't judge. If he does I have his number to tweet out." She seems satisfied but of course I would never do that to Mark. We walk out and I get everyone a drink, I attempt to make everyone hot chocolates but it's not as fancy or as delicately done. But it's drinkable so, leave me alone.

I see Mark talking to her in a low voice as I pass everyone their drinks. I sit down and I cross my legs as I get ready to listen. I place a hand on her back and I soothingly rub in circles to calm down her rapid breathing.

"Deep breaths, that's it. In....out... That's better now, isn't it?" I tell her. I am always good with calming friends down since I'm like a Teddy bear to hug... That's what people say anyway. "Do you feel like telling us now?" She nods and sits up while pulling a napkin to her face.

She take something out of her pocket and passes it to me secretly. I look down to see a negative pregnancy test and then it clicks in my head.

She wants to have a baby with her fiance Mason but they have tried so many times already, it's getting kind of worrying. She is 28 and she doesn't want to wait too long to have a child. I'm still a virgin at 22... guess it's because I have an amazing six pack of rolls, people are just too amazed. To be honest I'm just scared.

"It will happen Nellie. It just takes a little longer for some people so you really don't need to worry, nothing will be wrong. You're only 28, you have a life time ahead of you." I calm her down and she leans back a bit in her chair. I look up to see Mark looking very confused. "She has been hoping for a baby for a while, but she hasn't quite succeeded yet." I explain simply and he nods for confirmation.

- - -

MARK POV

It's been around another hour now and everyone has gone to their relaxed selves. When I saw Hannah calming Nellie down so easily earlier I wondered if she would be able to calm down my darker side. She must be familiar with Darkiplier by now...

HANNAH POV

Mark has insisted to drive me home so we say goodbye to Nellie as I slip my coat on. We walk down the dark pathways as the cold consumes me again. After we make it to his car he opens the door for me like the gentleman he is so I thank him and slide in. He makes his way around to the other side while I put my seat belt on and he does the same. I look out of the window and I can't help but smile.

I have met the actual Markiplier, we have become friends, I am in his car and I have his number. He is holding my han- wait what?!?!? I turn to see Mark with one hand off the steering wheel, that hand leads to mine and our fingers are entwined. I can't help but stare at his face to wait for him to look at me or tell me to stop it. I didn't accidentally do it when I was thinking of him. Did I? Oh god.

"Why are you staring at my face?" He asked as he quickly glances towards me for a few seconds. He has a smile across his face and I knew he was torturing me on purpose.

"Left here." I give directions to my street and tell him to stop outside my house while purposely avoiding the conversation. I unplugg my seat belt and get out while he did the same and followed me to my door. We stop under the canopy and I see him shiver from the cold a little bit, I then look at my watch to see it was 12:53am.

"You can sleep here if you wish." I say, since I didn't want him to drive all the way on a dark and gloomy night.

"No, it's okay." He denied while placing his hands up in defense.

"The roads are dangerous, they have no lights and I don't want you to crash into some drunken bozo. Please. It's no trouble." I persuaded. I saw him reach into his pocket and he locks his car so I happily let him inside. He looks around my house and I watch his face turn to confusion as he saw a very modern looking house, while he looks around I locked the door and shut the curtains.

"Is this a different home?" He asks in confusion and flopped on the couch. I flopped down on the other end and I watched as Mark moved over and began to cuddle me and I couldn't help but blush. I push him away for a second as I take my coat off and drop it onto the floor next to me and Mark does the same. I leaned back on the arm rest and Mark lays between my legs and rests his head on my stomach; he turns the TV on and without noticing I begin to brush my fingers through his hair as if I was stroking a cat. After about an hour Mark has already fallen asleep and has began to hug my leg as if it was a teddy. Eventually I get tired and I let myself fall asleep with my fingers still resting in his hair.