Chapter 38:

I open my eyes.

I'm in my room.

I look to my left to see Mark, slumped over on the computer desk, but out of the corner of my eye I see something bright white coming from the window. I hop up and look out of the window to see... it's snowing! There is so much. Oh my god.

Mark grumbles and sits up, rubbing his head in pain.

"Hey honey." I say, a huge grin plastered across my face. Mark looks up to me, grinning too. He then jumps up and swings me around in his arms.

"We're back. I can't believe it. We're actually back!" He laughs.

"It's snowing!" I scream. "Let's go in the back garden and play."

I don't care if I literally just chucked my mature side out of the window. There is a foot or so of snow! In Britain we normally only get 3cm. ARRGGHHH.

I sprint down the stairs and through the kitchen, not even bothering with shoes or a coat. I then jump into the snow, laying on my back and giggling like a child. I move my arms and legs and make a snow angel. My clothes are getting soaked but... I DON'T CARE! Mark jumps into the snow a few feet away and begins to make a snow angel too.

After a few minutes of making a good enough snow angel, Mark rolls over to me. He has snow all in his hair, beard and eyelashes with the biggest grin ever on his face, smiling down at me with our noses touching.

I pull him down to my lips, kissing him like there's no tomorrow. I run my hands through his snow covered brown locks, pulling him close to me. After a minute or so, we pull away for a breather, flopping down in the snow afterwards.

"I love you so much." Mark whispers to me, snuggling his head into my neck.

"I... I love you too." I whisper back, hugging him tightly.

We spent the next 10 minutes, listening to the birds chirping and the crunching of snow.

- - -

We pull on our shoes, coats, gloves and hats and head out of the door, quickly locking it behind us as it begins to snow.

"Come on, I want to see Nellie!" I exclaim. I take hold of Mark's hand and run down the slippery pathway to make it to Nellie's coffee shop.

We make a sharp corner to get there but I slip onto my backside, causing Mark to fall down too. We laugh and giggle while wiping the snow off of our butts.

We soon jump up again though, making our way to the shop. When we get closer, I see Nellie looking quite glum while at the counter. I open the doors, letting go of Mark's hand.

"Nellie!" I shout. She quickly looks up at me and her eyes widen, her face turns to shock and she drops a mug she's holding.

"H-Hannah?" She asks. I nod enthusiastically. I run up to her, holding her close as happy tears begin to form. "Where have you been?... it's been a year! You just disappeared. It's been so hard without you..."

"Don't cry, don't cry... Shhh. It's fine. I'm here now." I comfort her while everyone else in the shop looks at us strangely.

"Can I get my drink?" I guy asks, frustrated.

"You what mate? Ya' wanna go? Get your butt outta here." I threaten and he seems to stay quiet.

"Bob and Wade were messaging me a lot within the first week of you being missing. I had no clue
.. I hope you're okay." She explains, grabbing a tissue and blowing her nose.

Hmm...

- - -

There is a knock at my front door, I open it to see Wade and Bob with huge grins standing there, holding bags.